Flashcards and linkers

Drax

Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few sites
that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
don't really know what I'm looking for.

thanks,

drax

> Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
> sites that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a
> bit, and I don't really know what I'm looking for.
>
> thanks,
>
> drax

Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are you
looking?

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few sites
> that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
> don't really know what I'm looking for.

There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.

Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.

Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"

Drax

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
> > sites that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a
> > bit, and I don't really know what I'm looking for.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > drax
> >

> Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are you
> looking?

Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or tutorial
so that I can determine what the function of each device is, so that I can
more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my needs. This will
help me not waste my money.

thanks.

drax

Drax

"Stimp" <ren@spumco.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
sites
> > that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
> > don't really know what I'm looking for.
>
> There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
> Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.
>
> Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.
>
> Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
> --
>
> "I hear ma train a comin'
> ... hear freedom comin"

Flash2Advance is a linker? From what I read I thought it was a flash card.
Or is it both?

drax

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a
>> > few sites that have these things for sale, but the prices vary
>> > quite a bit, and I don't really know what I'm looking for.
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> >
>> > drax
>> >

>> Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are
>> you looking?
>
> Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
> tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device is,
> so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my
> needs. This will help me not waste my money.
>
> thanks.
>
> drax

Thanks for taking it the right way.

I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and just
decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the cost (but I
could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).

Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.

> > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

> >> Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are
> >> you looking?
> >
> > Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
> > tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device is,
> > so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my
> > needs. This will help me not waste my money.
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > drax
> >

> Thanks for taking it the right way.
>
> I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and just
> decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the cost (but I
> could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).
>
> Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.

Thanks, I try to have a sense of humor. From what I've seen the flashcard /
linker solution is pretty pricy, but I have two kids who regularly play
their gameboys so I'm still considering it. I found a web site that
explains the stuff fairly well, and I'm piecing the info together. I guess
now I have to go find out what an Afterburner light is.

drax

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:

> "Stimp" <ren@spumco.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
> sites
>> > that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
>> > don't really know what I'm looking for.
>>
>> There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
>> Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.
>>
>> Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.
>>
>> Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
>> --
>>
>> "I hear ma train a comin'
>> ... hear freedom comin"
>

> Flash2Advance is a linker? From what I read I thought it was a flash card.
> Or is it both?

It's a card that comes with a parallel (or USB) cable. You put the card
in your GBA, plug the cable from your gba to your pc and, voila, your
gba becomes a linker :)

--

> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > "Stimp" <ren@spumco.com> wrote in message
> > sites
> >>
> >> There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
> >> Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.
> >>
> >> Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.
> >>
> >> Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
> >> --
> >>
> >> "I hear ma train a comin'
> >> ... hear freedom comin"
> >

> > Flash2Advance is a linker? From what I read I thought it was a flash
card.
> > Or is it both?
>
> It's a card that comes with a parallel (or USB) cable. You put the card
> in your GBA, plug the cable from your gba to your pc and, voila, your
> gba becomes a linker :)
>
> --
>
> "I hear ma train a comin'
> ... hear freedom comin"

Thanks, I've begun to see that there are a few different methods to get
ROMs onto the flashcard. This type seems the most cost effective so far
(but still pricy).

drax

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>> > Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
>> > tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device
>> > is, so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best
>> > suit my needs. This will help me not waste my money.
>> >
>> > thanks.
>> >
>> > drax
>> >

>> Thanks for taking it the right way.
>>
>> I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and
>> just decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the
>> cost (but I could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).
>>
>> Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.
>
> Thanks, I try to have a sense of humor. From what I've seen the
> flashcard / linker solution is pretty pricy, but I have two kids who
> regularly play their gameboys so I'm still considering it. I found a
> web site that explains the stuff fairly well, and I'm piecing the info
> together. I guess now I have to go find out what an Afterburner light
> is.
>
> drax

Afterburner is a light you install to the inside of an original GBA. Not a
backlight, but just a good.

http://www.gameboy-
advance.net/accessories/gba_afterburner_internal_light.htm

Check out this web site:

http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/gbaflash/main.php?p=reviews

I installed an Afterburner in my GBA by the way and it makes all the
difference in the world.

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:01:34 -0500, "drax"
<drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:

>"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>> > Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
>> > tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device is,
>> > so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my
>> > needs. This will help me not waste my money.
>> >
>> > thanks.
>> >
>> > drax
>> >

>> Thanks for taking it the right way.
>>
>> I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and just
>> decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the cost (but I
>> could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).
>>
>> Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.
>
>Thanks, I try to have a sense of humor. From what I've seen the flashcard /
>linker solution is pretty pricy, but I have two kids who regularly play
>their gameboys so I'm still considering it. I found a web site that
>explains the stuff fairly well, and I'm piecing the info together. I guess
>now I have to go find out what an Afterburner light is.
>
>drax

TRENDING THREADS