Flashcards and linkers

Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few sites
that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
don't really know what I'm looking for.

thanks,

drax
10 answers Last reply
More about flashcards linkers

    > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
    > sites that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a
    > bit, and I don't really know what I'm looking for.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > drax

    Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are you
    looking?

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
    > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few sites
    > that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
    > don't really know what I'm looking for.

    There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
    Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.

    Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.

    Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
    > > sites that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a
    > > bit, and I don't really know what I'm looking for.
    > >
    > > thanks,
    > >
    > > drax
    > >

    > Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are you
    > looking?

    Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or tutorial
    so that I can determine what the function of each device is, so that I can
    more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my needs. This will
    help me not waste my money.

    thanks.

    drax

    "Stimp" <ren@spumco.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
    > > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
    sites
    > > that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
    > > don't really know what I'm looking for.
    >
    > There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
    > Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.
    >
    > Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.
    >
    > Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
    > --
    >
    > "I hear ma train a comin'
    > ... hear freedom comin"

    Flash2Advance is a linker? From what I read I thought it was a flash card.
    Or is it both?

    drax
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a
    >> > few sites that have these things for sale, but the prices vary
    >> > quite a bit, and I don't really know what I'm looking for.
    >> >
    >> > thanks,
    >> >
    >> > drax
    >> >

    >> Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are
    >> you looking?
    >
    > Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
    > tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device is,
    > so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my
    > needs. This will help me not waste my money.
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > drax

    Thanks for taking it the right way.

    I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and just
    decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the cost (but I
    could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).

    Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

    > >> Silly Question: If you don't know what you are looking for, why are
    > >> you looking?
    > >
    > > Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
    > > tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device is,
    > > so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my
    > > needs. This will help me not waste my money.
    > >
    > > thanks.
    > >
    > > drax
    > >

    > Thanks for taking it the right way.
    >
    > I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and just
    > decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the cost (but I
    > could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).
    >
    > Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.

    Thanks, I try to have a sense of humor. From what I've seen the flashcard /
    linker solution is pretty pricy, but I have two kids who regularly play
    their gameboys so I'm still considering it. I found a web site that
    explains the stuff fairly well, and I'm piecing the info together. I guess
    now I have to go find out what an Afterburner light is.

    drax
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:

    > "Stimp" <ren@spumco.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
    >> > Is there a good faq or tutorial on this subject? I've looked at a few
    > sites
    >> > that have these things for sale, but the prices vary quite a bit, and I
    >> > don't really know what I'm looking for.
    >>
    >> There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
    >> Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.
    >>
    >> Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.
    >>
    >> Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
    >> --
    >>
    >> "I hear ma train a comin'
    >> ... hear freedom comin"
    >

    > Flash2Advance is a linker? From what I read I thought it was a flash card.
    > Or is it both?

    It's a card that comes with a parallel (or USB) cable. You put the card
    in your GBA, plug the cable from your gba to your pc and, voila, your
    gba becomes a linker :)

    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    > On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 drax <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > "Stimp" <ren@spumco.com> wrote in message
    > > sites
    > >>
    > >> There are quite a few linkers out there.... I have a Flash2Advance 256
    > >> Mbit that's given me no problems whatsoever.
    > >>
    > >> Probably a better linker solution nowadays though.
    > >>
    > >> Should be quite easy to google for info/prices on linkers.
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> "I hear ma train a comin'
    > >> ... hear freedom comin"
    > >

    > > Flash2Advance is a linker? From what I read I thought it was a flash
    card.
    > > Or is it both?
    >
    > It's a card that comes with a parallel (or USB) cable. You put the card
    > in your GBA, plug the cable from your gba to your pc and, voila, your
    > gba becomes a linker :)
    >
    > --
    >
    > "I hear ma train a comin'
    > ... hear freedom comin"

    Thanks, I've begun to see that there are a few different methods to get
    ROMs onto the flashcard. This type seems the most cost effective so far
    (but still pricy).

    drax
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

    >> > Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
    >> > tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device
    >> > is, so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best
    >> > suit my needs. This will help me not waste my money.
    >> >
    >> > thanks.
    >> >
    >> > drax
    >> >

    >> Thanks for taking it the right way.
    >>
    >> I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and
    >> just decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the
    >> cost (but I could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).
    >>
    >> Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.
    >
    > Thanks, I try to have a sense of humor. From what I've seen the
    > flashcard / linker solution is pretty pricy, but I have two kids who
    > regularly play their gameboys so I'm still considering it. I found a
    > web site that explains the stuff fairly well, and I'm piecing the info
    > together. I guess now I have to go find out what an Afterburner light
    > is.
    >
    > drax

    Afterburner is a light you install to the inside of an original GBA. Not a
    backlight, but just a good.

    http://www.gameboy-
    advance.net/accessories/gba_afterburner_internal_light.htm
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Check out this web site:

    http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/gbaflash/main.php?p=reviews

    I installed an Afterburner in my GBA by the way and it makes all the
    difference in the world.

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:01:34 -0500, "drax"
    <drax1313@spamsandwichhotmail.com> wrote:

    >"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

    >> > Silly answer: It's a figure of speech. I'm looking for a faq or
    >> > tutorial so that I can determine what the function of each device is,
    >> > so that I can more accurately determine which device(s) best suit my
    >> > needs. This will help me not waste my money.
    >> >
    >> > thanks.
    >> >
    >> > drax
    >> >

    >> Thanks for taking it the right way.
    >>
    >> I only did a little research myself on Flash cards and linkers, and just
    >> decided I was not going to play my GBA enough to justify the cost (but I
    >> could justify the cost of an Afterburner light).
    >>
    >> Good luck in finding the best solution you can find.
    >
    >Thanks, I try to have a sense of humor. From what I've seen the flashcard /
    >linker solution is pretty pricy, but I have two kids who regularly play
    >their gameboys so I'm still considering it. I found a web site that
    >explains the stuff fairly well, and I'm piecing the info together. I guess
    >now I have to go find out what an Afterburner light is.
    >
    >drax

Console Gaming Gameboy Nintendo Video Games Product