Status
Not open for further replies.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
Are there any new news on the upcoming AMD or Nvidia gpu lineup?
I heard of the gtx 595. I seen the AMD ati 6990.I still want to know when will the next gen gpu come out?If it will come out around this year i will wait.But if it comes out next year then i might want to purchase the gtx 570 sli or 6950 cf.
Please inform me the very latest news from AMD or Nvidia.

4745454b

Titan
Fall or winter of this year, unless TSMC hits anymore snags on 28nm. Article is older, but claims 28nm still on track for 2011. They'll be coming just as soon as possible.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20101206PD201.html

One possibly interesting idea is AMD knew what they wanted to do with 32 or 28nm, but because of the delay had to come out with the 6 series still on 40nm. They might take the lead again if they are (finally) able to do what they wanted in the first place. Meaning their cards are likely to come out first, followed again by Nvidia.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

I cant open the page..So what you are saying is that the next generation nvidia and ati will come this winter is it?

4745454b

Titan
Your guess is as good as mine. Current naming scheme says it should be the GTX680. It might be a new arch, or it could be a bigger current one. My gut says it won't be much different then the 4xx/5xx series. Probably just more cores tacked on. If the rumors are true, then AMD will have a more radical departure from current gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.