Wondering if my motherboard/PC will handle this graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elessdee

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
First of all, I don't know if I only need to ask about my motherboard, so I will give out as many specifications as I can.

I have a Gateway DX4200-09, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, AMD Phenom X4 9100e Quad-Core Processor, an RS780 Gateway Motherboard, 4GB DDR2 RAM, currently a ATI Radeon HD 3800 and a 800 watt power supply. I've changed the graphics card and power supply, and nothing else.

So my main question is will my motherboard be able to support a XFX AMD Radeon HD 6670 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 graphics card? I know my power supply will, and I'm pretty sure it will fit in my machine, but I've been reading about the specifications and something was mentioned about the motherboard I'm using not being CrossFireX Ready, and the graphics card didn't work. I don't know exactly what this is (unless it's having 2 graphics cards, which I am not trying to do), but all I want to know is if I buy this graphics card, will it work with my motherboard and my PC overall.

If you need anymore specifics on my PC, I have that program CPU-Z, and I can give you every spec it shows if need be. I just don't want to go spend $120 and come home to find it doesn't work in my machine. or doesn't perform twice as well as my old graphics card, but I doubt that will be an issue. Although if anyone has any other suggestions on a graphics card that might be better, I am all ears. I want to run Diablo 3 and WoW on the max settings, and never drop below 40fps (I'd say 60 but right now 40fps constant would be an improvement).

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Solution
Don't worry about it there's no problem. However I would get a better GPU. Or at least get the 1GB version and save a few dollars. I doubt that GPU can make full use of 2GB

Elessdee

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

I'm not sure what GPU is (aside from Graphics Processing Unit?) so could you give me a link to a card that has a better GPU?

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
GPU is the graphics card. There are many many models so it's probably easier to tell us how much you can spend and what website you can use for shopping. If the shop you use does not have a website a simple list of what they have will do

Status
Not open for further replies.