BEFSR41 ROUTER ALERT!!

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
All of you using the LINKSYS BEFSR41 Routers.

DO NOT FIRMWARE UPDATE TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE VERSION 1.46.2

IF YOU DO UPDATE TO THAT ROUTER FIRMWARE VERSION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY CONNECTED TO ANY "STEAM NETWORKED GAME"

THIS IS NO JOKE GUYS.

If you have updated to the latest firmware version of 1.46.2 you can fix the problem by RE-DOING the firmware update back to firmware version 1.45.7 or 1.45.11

You will not be able to find those older firmware versions at LINKSYS I had to call the tech department and have them Email me firmware versions 1.45.7 and 1.45.11

As yet I have not got the firmware fixed!!

I am posting this to save the rest of you that have the BEFSR41 routers from grief.

I will post back if the reverse firmware update works and the Steam Network allows me to stay connected.

WELL PHIAL that was the "or something else." <--- Bit I mentioned int he other post!!

Yep Risked it and it bit me in the @ss!!

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=orange>LOVES</font color=orange> <font color=red>CANADA</font color=red>

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
OK SOLUTION!!

If you did a BEFSR41 version 2 Router update to Firmware version 1.46.2 and can no longer game on the STEAM Network.

You can Reverse the firmware update to the original 1.45.7 version.

If anyone needs this .BIN file to upgrade your router back to a usable state simply PM me and I will email you the 1.45.7 file.

Firmware version 1.45.11 dose not function for Steam either.

Regards Hawk.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=orange>LOVES</font color=orange> <font color=red>CANADA</font color=red>

ataridex

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2005
you actually only need to log on to ftp.linksys.com to pull up the necessary firmware, look for PUB folder then go to network...

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
OR!!

<A HREF="http://ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/" target="_new">http://ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/</A>