Your question

How to speed up H P Computer d530 CMT

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computers
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
September 24, 2011 9:24:37 PM

What is the Best Way to speed up this computer, (other than get a faster operator... ha ha). The Computer Speed has alot to be desired now.

More about : speed computer d530 cmt

September 24, 2011 9:42:11 PM

I realized before sending this post, this computer is ancient. But as finances have it currently, it's all I can do but I need the name of a program to help speed this unit up or Procedure to do it Internally.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2011 10:11:41 PM

Looks like this is a socket 478 board rather than an LGA 775 board, which means the best you can do is a 3.2Ghz P4 which really isn't worth the cost or effort if you have to buy one. You could also put in up to 4GB of RAM, and really more RAM would be the best thing for that old machine. Bring it up to at least 2GB.

Going with this dual core Llano upgrade would be a pretty big jump for you

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Just ad some RAM to that of course :D . The integrated GPU is even pretty decent. What do you want to do with your computer? Do you have a budget at all?
m
l
Related resources
September 24, 2011 10:18:10 PM

megamanx00 said:
Looks like this is a socket 478 board rather than an LGA 775 board, which means the best you can do is a 3.2Ghz P4 which really isn't worth the cost or effort if you have to buy one. You could also put in up to 4GB of RAM, and really more RAM would be the best thing for that old machine. Bring it up to at least 2GB.

Just ad some RAM to that of course :D . The integrated GPU is even pretty decent. What do you want to do with your computer? Do you have a budget at all?

Wanting to use it awhile more until I'm more certain I can take on payments on a New Computer. I am in the middle of several financial actions going on and trying to better budget everything.
m
l
September 24, 2011 10:25:37 PM

megamanx00 said:

I really do want a double core and probably will get it next, but I am working with this until I can get in a position to purchase one.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 25, 2011 7:13:21 AM

Then add more RAM for now. Not much else you can do really that would be worth it.
m
l
February 6, 2012 11:48:08 AM

etech256 said:
What is the Best Way to speed up this computer, (other than get a faster operator... ha ha). The Computer Speed has alot to be desired now.

A lot of free ways to speed up your HP computer, you can give them a try. Most of them are effective.

1) Remove Unwanted Programs on your HP.
2) Delete Any Clutter / Junk Files.
3) Clean Out The Registry.
4) Disable automatic startup of some programs.
5) Defragment your Windows (XP, Vista or 7) system.

Also if you want to make it easy and simply, l recommend this HP speed up tool to you, which can help you easily and instantly speed up your PC with just a few clicks. Wish you good luck.
m
l
!