Sign in with
Your question

Hard Boot...first install...need help

Last response: in Motherboards
June 16, 2012 2:15:03 AM

I'm using an ASUS p8z77 V premium mobo and am currently trying to get a hard boot to see if BIOS screen is up and running. I believe that I have all necessary wires connected to mobo for this to work...however in my infinite wisdom, I bent one of the pins that accepts the cpu...It looked like only 1 pin was bent so I corrected as best as possible and it looks OK. I have the 24 pin power connector cable installed, HDMI out is connected as well, RAM, CPU are all in...It is ivy bridge cpu so it has integrated graphics.

More about : hard boot install

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2012 3:05:40 AM

What exactly is the problem you are having?

I can't think of a time when I have heard someone that tried to fix a bent pin and they couldn't do it if they tried hard.

Is it not working or what?
June 16, 2012 9:41:14 PM

I bent three pins once and then used a toothpick to straighten them out. As long as your computer runs then everything should be fine.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2012 9:58:02 PM

And what? U didn't install the Windows?

Are u reusing the old HDD?
June 17, 2012 6:48:14 AM

Well, I should probably change thread now...everything is working fine and I have assembled computer fully with windows and all...now my mobo's drivers wont install...everything else has worked like a charm
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 7:01:43 AM

Did u do a clean install?
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 12:35:07 PM

Is it impacting your ability to use the computer? If not then you can just ignore that problem.
June 18, 2012 3:57:38 AM

It isn't impacting computer performance, rather the only thing that is impeding me from full functionality is my HDD isn't recognized by windows
June 18, 2012 3:59:06 AM

I'm going to start new thread, thanks for the suggestions all
!