Need help on pricing my build.

xfactor

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I built a computer four months ago and i am planning to sell it and build a new one. Im asking if you guys can help me figure out how much my computer is worth.
My Build:
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 case

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO Atx mobo

nvidia gts 450 1gb of gddr5

530w modular psu

Amd phenom X4 3.2Gh

Adata 4Gb ddr3 1600

asus dvd burner

1 Tb seagate 7600rpm hdd.

3 extra case fans

It idles at 28-32c and runs at 50-56c at full load depending an room temp and it has had no problems playing crysis 1 and 2 at max.

I am just selling the tower, keyboard, and mouse. Your help is much appreciated.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Consider you can get a core I5 desktop with all the fixins, brand new from any major PC manufacturer for about $550 and throw a $100 video card in it and have better performance that your current system and a warranty.

You might be able to get $500 for the system, but in my opinion you would be better off just upgrading what you have with a new motherboard and CPU, then add a fancy video card and new power supply later, or do the video/power supply now, and cpu/board later..

xfactor

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for your replies. Yea i invested 500 on it so i was thinking to at least sell it for 550 to get some profit. The reason im not just upgrading it is that i wanted to make a new build just because i enjoy it and wanted to make a liitle pocket money while doing it.
Im 16 so making 50 bucks building a computer isn't too bad for me:) I could always overclock it a little? My point is that i want to keep building computers but not loose money doing it.