Need Z77 Extreme 4 Driver Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iendigma

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Here is the direct link for the list of driver's for the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4:

http://www.asrock.com/MB/download.us.asp?Model=Z77%20Extreme4&o=Win764

This is a new computer build & my first one at that, I need to know which of these drivers are virtually essential to the performance of the motherboard, and thus the entire build.

I know I should atleast get the chipset, lan, audio, & usb 2.0 drivers. My main problem is identifying the chipset drivers. I assume these are the ones with the Intel icon to the left of them.

It also has a listing that states "Please MUST install Intel Rapid Start Utility and create the hidden partition first, then install the Intel Rapid Start driver."

How do I create the hidden partition of this utility? Is this an essential driver update? Any additional light you can shed on the other drivers, although isn't necessary, would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I would think this is all explained in your manual but I would install everything on that list except what comes with a installation guide.
Then if you like the Intel utilities below you can look at installing the drivers for those.
I would think this is all explained in your manual but I would install everything on that list except what comes with a installation guide.
Then if you like the Intel utilities below you can look at installing the drivers for those.

Solution

iendigma

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Thank you for your advice, the reason I ask is because I have not yet received the mobo in the mail yet & thus I'm unable to reference the manual.

I'm trying to get all the latest essential drivers I need downloaded onto a usb thumb drive so that when I get the computer built I will have all the necessary drivers at hand.

They should all come on a disk with the board as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.