Thermaltake Chaser MK-I front panel Help

anex92

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I just finished building my first ever computer and it went pretty well except for one problem with the front panel connectors. I probably did them all assbackwards. My motherboard is a MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Motherboard. The power, reset are not working along with the top and front fans (both LED fans). I was able to get the two fans working by tracing where they wires went and un-connecting then reconnecting to my motherboard sys_fans. I'm not sure what i did wrong but I dont like having to leave my side panel open to press the tiny power button to turn my computer on. I noticed that I didn't see a cable for front power panel only front power LED. Thanks for your time.

Firemoon

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
"The power, reset are not working along with the top and front fans (both LED fans)."
I have the same problem. Can you tell me if you plugged your usb 3 cable? I think the front and top fan doesn't work because it needs more power than the 4 pin. I think the usb3 also power the fan controller.

For the power and reset, there are cables for that that you need to plug in your motherboard (along with the power switch, speaker...). You probably just missed it ;)

Thanks

OldDogVargas

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I noticed that I didn't see a cable for front power panel only front power LED. Thanks for your time.

I have the same case but an ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe GEN3 mobo.

The power LED goes to a connection on mobo for front case lights. Case also has connector for power switch plus fan speeds. On my mobo it lists the connections so I could connect to the mobo the led, power and other front case controls incl a speaker connection. Look at your mobo layout with list and see where the speaker goes and you may end the others in the same locale. Mine we located in lower right of the mobo opposite the back panel connections.

Good Luck.