Which branded GTX 560 Ti is recommended?

corleone11

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Which branded GTX 560 Ti is recommeded?
The brands to choose from are as follows;

1.Gigabyte
2.Asus
3.MSI
4.PNY
5.Palit
6.Zotac

I don't plan on overclocking, which im sure will be a contributing factor, but i intend to have frequent gaming sessions using medium resolution. I also plan on viewing a lot of HD video via connection to my TV, and use applications which utilize CUDA Stream acceleration. My PSU is 650 watts if that matters at all.

I would also appreciate it if someone could briefly explain the difference between the dizzying array of brands of the same 560 Ti :??:

shrkbay

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
GIGABYTE SOC is fastest 560 available *it's also the coolest and quietest* so if you don't plan on OCing it'll be a great solution, Palit isn't a good one as far as i know, Zotac has usually high priced cards, PNY makes nothing special, but they look nice, MSI makes cards designed for OCing, ASUS has good cooling

mortonww

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I would suggest this MSI Twin Frozr II model. Comes factory overclocked to 880 MHz core speed and is only around $230

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127565&cm_re=msi_gtx_560-_-14-127-565-_-Product

Has a 3 year limited warrany on parts (2 year on labor) as well.

Second choice would be the ASUS Direct CU II models. One clocks at 830, the other at 900 MHz. And they run for $240 (AR) and $265, respectively.

The ASUS models have 3 year warranty on parts and labor.

The MSI should also run very cool, though. And the MSI comes with faster clocks out of the box.

EDIT: Shrkbay is right. Gigabyte Super Overclock will offer you fastest speed out of the box at 950 MHz core. It's got a 3 year warranty on parts and labor too. So I guess that one is ahead of the MSI if you don't mind the increase in price to $260. I think it's worth it.

rivman

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
either the ASUS,Gigabyte,or Twin Frozr II should be fine
i'd lean toward the ASUS one my self,since the always overclock their cards
and the have this new "alloy power" thingy on their gpus to make them more
efficient

corleone11

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

Looks like i'll be getting the Gigabyte edition. Thanks :D

corleone11

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

Gonna google that "alloy power thingy", seems interesting. Thanks for the advice :)

corleone11

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

Yeah the factory OC is appealing to me, seeing as i don't plan on OC'ing, and budgets not too much of an issue. Thanks for your help :D

I know of a couple of Palit cards that have stood the test of time and abuse and yet are still running strong, what's so bad about them?

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
Gigabyte ASUS and MSI all do good cooling on their cards. Cooling is the most important factor in long life to electronics. I'd stay away form the reference cooling cards like the older designs of PNY, EVGA and others unless you plan to add aftermarket cooling.