MSI Z77A-GD65 or Sabertooth Z77

Keanu Reeves

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I am currently in the process of putting together a build, and am stuck between these two mobos. I'm leaning more towards the GD65, as I've heard rave reviews, but am wondering if anyone has personal experience with either, or both, boards.

Thanks

menojh

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
what do you mean? Its really easy to overclock with MSI boards I personally own a gd 65 and i went threw the same situation as well for the price the gd 65 is a much better board but i would go with a msi z77 mpower as it is factory tested on prime95 with a oc of 4.5 i think so u already know its going to be able to overclock pulse it has a n awesome color scheme and a bunch of features

darksparten

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
Sabertooth is a P8Z77-V with plastic on it, the P8Z77-V will run cooler and you dont have to clean out fans on the P8Z77-V because they don't exist(Board fans are IMPOSSIBLE to clean).

MSi has a good auto-overclock but their BIOS and more advanced features are mediocre, ASUS basically dominates BIOS development at this point and if you're willing to spend time on an OC Asus is the best choice. If you want to press a button and never think about it again, MSi. MSi also has more features in terms of SLI/CF and USB(for this comparison in particular).

Bill P

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I just upgraded to a MSI z77a-gd65 board and I am very happy with it. I do not overclock.
Have owned MSI boards in the past, usually stay with ASUS.