Z77 and case connections

Hi,

I'm currently building a PC and a bit confused about where some connections go on the Z77 - looks like one big block that you split up with single or 2 pin connectors - things like LEDs, power button etc. Is that correct? I don't seem to have any actual single or double slots on the MB so I can only guess that's how it works!
I think the 3pin case fans are fine to just go in the 4pin fan slots - could use the PSU but I guess that wouldn't make a difference anyway?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about case connections
  1. I'm not sure what you're referring to in the first paragraph but plugging a 3-pin fan into a 4-pin connector will allow the motherboard to adjust the speed while the molex connector will run the fan at full speed all the time.
  2. Thanks. Is there any advantage to controlling the speed? (can that be done with only 3 out of 4 pins?).

For the first paragraph I mean there are things to plug into the motherboard from the case - for example the cable from the power on button, the reset button etc and I can't find the spot on the motherboard for them at all? They are all single or dual pin but there's no spots like that on the board.
    I wondered if it might be that the motherboard has a single large block that you plug all of them into? I thought I found it but none of the abbreviations matched.
  3. Your motherboard manual should tell you where that specific header for front panel connections are. Controlling fan speed helps in controlling noise.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Cases Motherboards