Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Disk boot system failure insert system disk - Now black screen?

Last response: in Systems
June 29, 2011 9:38:24 PM

When I started my computer up after a long time building my computer... I was happy of my hard work, until this message popped up.
It said "disk boot system failure, insert system disk". I put in my Windows 7 disk, and pressed enter. It stayed on the same screen!

I restarted it multiple times with no success. I searched on the internet and they said to change the ordering on the Hard Disk and the Optical Drive. I changed the orderings and restarted, and it didn't boot either.

I took it out, and pushed in the cables as much as I could (Nothing - The cables weren't loose). This time, the monitor stayed blank - no "disk boot system failure insert system disk"... nothing. A black screen.

Could it be a faulty hard drive? A faulty motherboard?
I have a 1TB Western Digital 7200RPM 64MB Cache HDD, Super-Multi 22x DVD Writer, SATA, Black (OEM), and a Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 Motherboard.

If you need extra information let me know. I really want this computer to be working because I spent a lot of money on it, and don't want to spend an extra $100 sending it to someone to fix it.

EDIT: I fixed the black screen by listening to the sounds and finding what was wrong...
But I still have the Disk boot system failure, insert system disk...

Best solution

June 29, 2011 10:41:58 PM

Try moving the HDD SATA cable to a different SATA port on the mobo. Also try using a different SATA cable.
June 29, 2011 11:12:04 PM

Best answer selected by tomshotzzzz.
!