Faulty Sapphire Vapor X HD 5770 or mobo or compatibility

osmanf

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I just recently finished installing my new build. My mobo is an Asus P8H67-M Pro and I have a Sapphire Vapor X HD 5770 installed. I've been trying to get it to work, but somehow I can hear Windows 7 load through my speakers but I get no display. I tried this in HDMI,VGA and DVI but I get the same result. Does this mean the card is faulty (or mobo) or there is a compatibility issue? I am using the mobo graphics right now and the Sapphire does not appear on my device manager under Display Adapters. I've tried reseating, checking BIOS etc etc but nothing happens.

osmanf

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Yes it does and I changed the BIOS settings before. It is set to PEG/PCI. PEG is PCI-e so it should detect the card, but didn't. I'm starting to think it's a faulty mobo, the Channel B ram slots, Black and Blue furthest away from the CPU are not working, and I can only use one ram stick at a time on the blue/black slots closest to the CPU.

osmanf

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I'm hopefully going to do that tomorrow. Going to try out the different ram, different GPU etc. hopefully I will find the culprit, but I'm really impatient since if it ends up being the Mobo I'll have to send it back for repairs and have it shipped back, taking up 3 weeks so I might just buy a new one and sell this one off once its repaired. Either way, I just am praying it's not everything haha. It would just be cruel if the GPU, mobo,CPU and ram were all defective. Thanks for the replies though guys