phippsy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
i got 2 ssds and a 1tb hdd i got the ssds in the red sata 3 ports which are 6gbs and the hdd is in one of the black ports which there are 4 of them at 3gbs i seem to be having problems with the ssds in the red ones when i put them in 2 different slots instead of top and bottom boot up goes slow and its always the same red port ive tried loading default settings and and cleared cmos and still goes slow on that same port even tried taking one ssd out and just leaving one should i get rid of this board

This motherboard adopts Intel® Z68 chipset that supports Serial ATA3 (SATA3) hard
disks and RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5, Intel Rapid Storage and Intel
Smart Response Technology) functions for SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 connectors. It
also adopts ASMedia ASM1061 chipset that supports Serial ATA3 (SATA3) hard
disks for SATA3_A1 to SATA3_A4 connectors. You may install SATA3 hard disks on
this motherboard for internal storage devices. This section will guide you to install
the SATA3 hard disks.
STEP
This motherboard adopts Intel® Z77 chipset that supports Serial ATA3 (SATA3) hard
disks and RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel Rapid Storage and Intel
Smart Response Technology) functions for SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 connectors.
ASMedia ASM1061 chipset supports Serial ATA3 (SATA3) hard disks for SATA3_A1
to SATA3_A4 connectors. You may install SATA3 hard disks on this motherboard for
internal storage devices. This section will guide you to install the SATA3 hard disks
if the ssd are in ports 0 and one the mb chipset if it in raid mode is going to think your going to raid them. if you plug it into the other chipset port it going to slow down. may want to check that you installed the newest intell rapid storage driver/intel chipset drivers and asmidia sata 3 driver.

phippsy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
at the moment i got both ssds in sata 3 A1 A2 red ports and its working ok i have installed both intel storage controller and asmedia driver should i uninstall one