Sign in with
Your question

Problem with stacking 2 RAMs

Last response: in Memory
June 16, 2012 11:36:36 PM

Hello I bought 2 RAMs of DDR3 4GB to upgrade it from two 2GB DDR3. I inserted and everything is okay so far but when I ran Memtest86 to see if I had any errors I got 640+ errors :heink:  .

And both the RAM has same manufacturer (TwinMos) and everything.

So I am asking is there any proper procedure to follow to stack two RAMs? And can anyone give me some advice on how to reduce or why is these errors coming?

Here is my PC system information:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2xbhbpbzz2bg0bn

More about : problem stacking rams

a c 84 } Memory
June 17, 2012 12:48:18 AM

I would first see that you have the newest bios updates..looks like there been 13 for this mb.
i would use cpu-z and see what the ram is running in speed and timing. if the mb after the update has the speed set fine and the timming to what the ram is rated for. try running memtest again. if it fails see if there a voltage changes for the dram.i would bump it if it at 1.5 to 1.6 or 1.65 and see if it fails. if it does reset the voltage back and then move the ram. i would put the two larger rams in the black slots and the smaller ram in the blue. if that how they are now then put the two larger ram in the back and the two smaller ram in the front.
if the rams dont have the same timing..is one 9-9-9-24 and the other is 7-7-7-24. the faster ram may not be slowing down.
m
l
June 17, 2012 8:16:35 AM

BIOS for the motherboard? right? and I am not using the 2gb RAMs any more only using the 4gbs. Is there a way to use the 2gbs as well? And you mean the larger RAMs as 4gb is larger than 2 gb?
m
l
a c 84 } Memory
June 17, 2012 10:27:47 AM

you should put the ram is the two read slots 4g ram and rerun memtest. you should also upgraded the motherboard bios..there are some bug fixes.
m
l
!