Ibuypower ? what's wrong with it

Solution
Most say its trash because they overcharge for simple things. I saw a coworker making a computer at ibuypower and silly things like upgrading from 4GB of RAM to 8GB of ram was $137...2x4GB sticks on newegg are around $75 and RAM isn't exactly difficult to put in...They seem to be great for putting together a cheap rig and then upgrading what you need yourself. The company seems to pick on the gulliblility of their consumers in not understanding how much hardware truly costs and difficulty in building.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Yes many people do say that they are trash because of cheap parts, and people complain that the computers come in not working and such.
I know that iBuyPower is the same as CyberPower, but people tend to say that CyberPower is more on the safe side. I had many friends buy from CyberPower and they have no complaints. In fact, I will also probably buy from CyberPower this summer. Just make sure you spend an extra $50 or $100 for safe shipping and professional wiring.
Worst part about CyberPower, I would say, is that it takes a while for it to ship depending on where you live.
If you do not know how to build your computer, this would probably be your best choice.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Most say its trash because they overcharge for simple things. I saw a coworker making a computer at ibuypower and silly things like upgrading from 4GB of RAM to 8GB of ram was $137...2x4GB sticks on newegg are around $75 and RAM isn't exactly difficult to put in...They seem to be great for putting together a cheap rig and then upgrading what you need yourself. The company seems to pick on the gulliblility of their consumers in not understanding how much hardware truly costs and difficulty in building.

Solution

trolling troll

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Lol I know how easy it is to install....but I have no need for 8 gigs anyway good lord thats alot ? games like crysis and empire-shogun 2 only take 3 and i have 5 gigs :D. Im going to get a 775 $ pc with 6770 850 watt psu 80 + eff and 5 gigs plus a 955 QC II cpu yay !