Sign in with
Your question

Vt

Last response: in Motherboards
June 17, 2012 8:00:22 AM

Hello,
i have DH55TC motherboard with COre i3 and 4 Gb of Ram recently i installed VM ware and wanted to Run mac os x Lion on my PC . I enabled both the opttions regarding Vt in the Bios but still the VM ware does not Load the Mac Os. The copy of MAc os x is verified and works properly.some1 help me please

More about : vt

June 24, 2012 3:10:28 PM

i have windows 7 the Mac os x Lion is a vmware image which worked on my friends Laptop with Windows 7 only im trying to run mac on windows but i enabled VT in my BIOS still when i run a program called securable it shows VT is locked down any solutions to this thank u for last suggestion
m
l
Related resources
a c 236 V Motherboard
June 25, 2012 1:29:36 AM

Does VMware load properly on your system? Can you run other VMs?
m
l
June 25, 2012 2:18:03 PM

VMware runs properly on my system its only when i load the Mac os x lion it just shows Mac apple icon and the OS does not load im Using VMware Player 4 i also downloaded a program called securable it shows that VT is Locked down in the BIOS even though i enabled it
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
June 25, 2012 2:36:14 PM

It's not by accident that there sooo many different guides to using Mac OS X on Intel, and just because your friend's works doesn't mean your will. More than likely you'll need to find a VM that's proven to work not only on your MOBO but your CPU (environment) as well.

Chances are the VM has a Multibeast setup that just happened to work on your friends. On my install I waited until there was a proven guide e.g. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=264&t=57962 I also PURCHASED the OS X.

Use Mac OS X VMware unlocker (see link below)

More info - http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2011/09/how-to-...

BTW - this borders on 'hacking' which is not allowed in this Forum...

Good Luck!
m
l
a c 236 V Motherboard
June 25, 2012 3:10:25 PM

I download Securable and I ran it on one of my systems (Windows XP). It displays that "Hardware D.E.P. is Yes and Hardware Virtualization is Locked On", but VMware Player runs fine with Windows Server 2008 R2 VMs. Since you have an Intel motherboard, why not contact their support? They should be able to explain why Securable detects that Hardware Virtualization is Locked On. It may be because that motherboard doesn't support Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d).
m
l
June 25, 2012 3:18:10 PM

the herboard does support Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) because there is an option in Bios which i enabled also i downloaded my MOtherboard utility which checks that if the Motherboard supports VT or not and it showed yes still i dont know what the problem is or how to solve it
m
l
a c 236 V Motherboard
June 25, 2012 8:09:06 PM

jaquith said:
Hmm...I didn't look at your 'stuff' before and according to Intel your MOBO doesn't support VT-d and not all Intel CPU's support Intel Virtualization.

DH55TC - http://ark.intel.com/products/42408/Intel-Desktop-Board...
According to other info (see the links that I provided), it shouldn't be active for what the OP wants to do with VMware Player. I know that it sounds weird, but I can't test it myself to verify that claim.
m
l
June 26, 2012 4:17:00 PM

I downloaded Intel utility program to check support for VT and it shows my MOBO supports VT
m
l
!