Can X-finity 600w PSU run a GTX 460 1gb?

shrkbay

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
This PSU will run the card without any problems.. using PSU that does not meet minimums only sometimes fries the card, it will more likely not work or PSU will squeeze the power out of itself, so it'll reduce it's life time

vyder

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2003
hi shrkbay and thanks for the response. One questions I have. I keeping reading something about 12v+ rail being 24 amps for the PSU to be able to run the card. the PSU I listed doesnt have 24a on one rail but has 38a combined it appears. does it make a difference have the amps configured this way vs 24a on one rail? I am kinda lost.

vyder

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2003

thanks for the help :s. guess my 460 gtx is DOA. gonna have to RMA it. this sucks man.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

X-finity? Never heard that name. Are you sure that the GTX 460 is DOA? It could still be a power issue, because the combined output on the 12 V rails is nothing.Even if I assume that it give the rated output, your's is essentially a 12*38~460 W PSU

vyder

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2003
X-finity is made by ultra. ultraproducts.com. They sell psu's and offered a lifetime warranty on them. they seem to be well built. I have had mine for almost 4 years now and no problems. it was running the gtx fine for 2 mins. then shutdown.

I also have a corsair TX650W power supply and it wont run the card. the board won't power up if the card is plugged in. the minute i unplug the card, the board gets power again.

thanks again for your help.