where are the PSP, NDS newsgroups?

Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2004 7:25:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups? both
machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
it's now time for their own newgroups.

More about : psp nds newsgroups

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 1:54:41 AM

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
news:D JOdnX2IJY1AiyPcRVn-1A@comcast.com...

> how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups?
> both
> machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
> it's now time for their own newgroups.

This would be cool. When pre-ordering for the u.s. going to begin ?
December 14, 2004 2:25:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
news:D JOdnX2IJY1AiyPcRVn-1A@comcast.com...

> how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups?
> both
> machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
> it's now time for their own newgroups.

You could propose them, but you would have to go through the proposal
procedures which can be time consuming and confusing. UK group has now been
created and I think it took a couple of weeks to do.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 1:15:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
news:D JOdnX2IJY1AiyPcRVn-1A@comcast.com...

> how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups?
> both
> machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
> it's now time for their own newgroups.

Why? There's not enough traffic in the groups to begin with to warrant the
new groups.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 9:41:19 PM

Doug Jacobs wrote:

> The alt groups were considered "informal" at best. Everything else,
> like
> uk., etc. is considered a local group and technically shouldn't be
> propagated worldwide, but again, most folks don't really do a good
> job at
> being a news admin.

Regional groups *should* be propagated world-wide - they're meant for
discussion from a country's perspective, not for discussion from within a
country.

Tim (tm)
--
tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz