where are the PSP, NDS newsgroups?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups? both
machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
it's now time for their own newgroups.
4 answers Last reply
More about where newsgroups
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    > how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups?
    > both
    > machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
    > it's now time for their own newgroups.

    This would be cool. When pre-ordering for the u.s. going to begin ?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    > how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups?
    > both
    > machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
    > it's now time for their own newgroups.

    You could propose them, but you would have to go through the proposal
    procedures which can be time consuming and confusing. UK group has now been
    created and I think it took a couple of weeks to do.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    > how come there are no PlayStation Portable or Nintendo DS newsgroups?
    > both
    > machines are now released in Japan, and the DS is also here in the U.S.
    > it's now time for their own newgroups.

    Why? There's not enough traffic in the groups to begin with to warrant the
    new groups.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Doug Jacobs wrote:

    > The alt groups were considered "informal" at best. Everything else,
    > like
    > uk., etc. is considered a local group and technically shouldn't be
    > propagated worldwide, but again, most folks don't really do a good
    > job at
    > being a news admin.

    Regional groups *should* be propagated world-wide - they're meant for
    discussion from a country's perspective, not for discussion from within a
    country.

    Tim (tm)
    --
    tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz
    http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource

Console Gaming Games Newsgroup Video Nintendo PlayStation Video Games