Processor: intel i7 2600k
Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD55
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2*4GB)
PSU: COOLER MASTER 1200W Silent Pro
Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932
PCU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound Card: HT OMEGA Striker 7.1
ALL DRIVERS UP TO DATE AS OF THIS MORNING

As you can see a pretty respectable gaming rig however when i play any game whether it be WOW or Crysis 2 it will randomly freeze about 30 minutes in. The screen locks the frame while the audio is stuck obnoxiously as well as the keyboard/mouse rendered unusable. I at first recognized this as a heating problem but checked speed fan and everything is hovering at around 60 degrees C and not surpassing that at all. Is this a hardware problem? Software? Please provide your expert opinion as this has been a very annoying issue.

Thanks again,
David

dl33r10us

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
no overclock anymore, used to be clocked @ 4.2 Ghz
don't know what "punkbuster" is
I havent tried the windows install, I do not see how the problem would lie within the OS

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
A fresh windows install would pretty much rule out any software issues. If you do a fresh install and it's stable, then you know you have a software problem. :)

If your memory is running at 1600, turn it down to 1333 and see if that fixes your instability.

Punkbuster is an anti-cheat/hack program that has been known to cause stability problems. It installs whenever you install Bad Company 2 and Crysis (original) and some others. If you have it installed, remove it and see if that helps.