Processor: intel i7 2600k
Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD55
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2*4GB)
PSU: COOLER MASTER 1200W Silent Pro
Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932
PCU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound Card: HT OMEGA Striker 7.1
ALL DRIVERS UP TO DATE AS OF THIS MORNING

As you can see a pretty respectable gaming rig however when i play any game whether it be WOW or Crysis 2 it will randomly freeze about 30 minutes in. The screen locks the frame while the audio is stuck obnoxiously as well as the keyboard/mouse rendered unusable. I at first recognized this as a heating problem but checked speed fan and everything is hovering at around 60 degrees C and not surpassing that at all. Is this a hardware problem? Software? Please provide your expert opinion as this has been a very annoying issue.

Thanks again,
David
3 answers Last reply
More about system freezes games temps
  1. 1) Do you have any overclock running? How fast is your RAM running?
    2) Do you have punkbuster installed?
    3) Have you tried a fresh install of Windows (preferably on a spare HDD)?
  2. no overclock anymore, used to be clocked @ 4.2 Ghz
    don't know what "punkbuster" is
    I havent tried the windows install, I do not see how the problem would lie within the OS
  3. A fresh windows install would pretty much rule out any software issues. If you do a fresh install and it's stable, then you know you have a software problem. :)

If your memory is running at 1600, turn it down to 1333 and see if that fixes your instability.

Punkbuster is an anti-cheat/hack program that has been known to cause stability problems. It installs whenever you install Bad Company 2 and Crysis (original) and some others. If you have it installed, remove it and see if that helps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems