Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Motherboard/Computer Case Compatibility Issue

Last response: in Motherboards
June 17, 2012 4:07:55 PM

So, I just got this motherboard:
http://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp?iid=1737637 (changed link)

But I didn't realize that it needed an "ATX Case" for it to fit properly, which I don't have. I looked around for ATX cases, in general, but they don't really seem like they'd be compatible with that motherboard as is, given the slots in the back compared to the plugs on the motherboard.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CS-305BK&cat=CA...

Actually, after thinking about it for a second, I was kind of looking at the whole situation wrong, this would be able to fit I believe, vytwould I be able to just punch those cutout panels in the back of it out? Because they clearly don't match up with my motherboard, but would fit there nonetheless if I were able to remove them.
a c 229 V Motherboard
June 17, 2012 4:20:26 PM

Unfortunately we don't know what motherboard you own because your link doesn't work. If it's an ATX motherboard, then any ATX case will be fine. What you describe is probably is a BTX motherboard which requires a BTX case. Those are more difficult to find because only OEMs like Delll used them.
Score
June 17, 2012 7:14:21 PM

GhislainG said:
Unfortunately we don't know what motherboard you own because your link doesn't work. If it's an ATX motherboard, then any ATX case will be fine. What you describe is probably is a BTX motherboard which requires a BTX case. Those are more difficult to find because only OEMs like Delll used them.

Sorry about that, I don't know why it wasn't displaying, maybe because they sold out.
I put up a new link to it that works though.

It doesn't really seem like any ATX case will do it though, because a lot of ATX cases I've looked at have the power supply at the top, which just doesn't seem like it'd work with this case. I maybe found one or two ATX cases so far that are compatible with it, not sure.
Score
Related resources
a c 462 V Motherboard
June 17, 2012 7:41:20 PM

i look for an atx case thta you can put the wires in behind the mb. then all you need is two extender cables one for the 4 pin power on the top and a 24 pin atx extender for the main power cables. then run them behind the mb tray. if not that way look into a desktop case. looks like that mb was made for one.
Score

Best solution

a c 229 V Motherboard
June 17, 2012 9:09:24 PM

DarkHart07 said:
So, I just got this motherboard:
http://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp?iid=1737637 (changed link)

But I didn't realize that it needed an "ATX Case" for it to fit properly, which I don't have. I looked around for ATX cases, in general, but they don't really seem like they'd be compatible with that motherboard as is, given the slots in the back compared to the plugs on the motherboard.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CS-305BK&cat=CA...

Actually, after thinking about it for a second, I was kind of looking at the whole situation wrong, this would be able to fit I believe, vytwould I be able to just punch those cutout panels in the back of it out? Because they clearly don't match up with my motherboard, but would fit there nonetheless if I were able to remove them.

Now I understand what your issue is. Didn't your motherboard include an I/O shield? Remove the one that comes with whatever ATX case you buy and replace it with the I/O shield that came with the motherboard. It doesn't matter if the PSU is at top or at the bottom as long as the PSU cables are long enough for bottom mount.
June 18, 2012 12:24:21 AM

GhislainG said:
Now I understand what your issue is. Didn't your motherboard include an I/O shield? Remove the one that comes with whatever ATX case you buy and replace it with the I/O shield that came with the motherboard. It doesn't matter if the PSU is at top or at the bottom as long as the PSU cables are long enough for bottom mount.

Yeah I found it then, it was in a lower section of the box of the motherboard. Thanks.
Score
June 18, 2012 12:24:31 AM

Best answer selected by DarkHart07.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:26:41 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!