Extremely low performance in games

playassdk

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Hi there

i'm having an extreme problem here, and i simply have no idea what's going on.
i'm also new to this forum, so i hope you guys can help me.

Motherboard: MSI MS-7376
CPU: Phenom x4 9500
Memory: 4x corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D
Graphics: HIS 6870 turbo 1gb
Adds: 2x120mm systems fans and chilltech cpu cooler.

Now the issue is this; i'm playing company of heroes, and i recently got the HIS card, upgraded from an 8800 GTS, also upgraded the processer from an old athlon 64, to improve framerate, but guess what? it's been worse.

cpu temp in standby is around 34, system temp around 32, no thermal issues, but if i put every single setting to lowest, i get, in massive fights, less than 5 fps, not spikes but constant framerate. when the game is freshly started i'm around 30 frames. that's EXTREMELY low, when comparing to my labtop, which is a core 2 duo with 3gb memory, and share graphics on a 290 mobility controller.
-this labtop runs steady hard 60 frames in any situation, with the exact same settings.

what on ***'s holy earth is wrong with my computer? i have no idea, what so ever.

please please help me, i'm desperate.

playassdk

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011

Aye thanks, i've tried that, though the framerate stays the same. i've got it cleaned up, but doesn't do the trick.
i've been looking on my processor, and the answer you give "rolli59" doesnt' answer my question. phenom x4 9500 ought to be faster than a core 2 duo 2,2, approximately twice as fast actually.

i really can't figure it out why it's behaving like this.

please request any kind of info om my system, to resolve this

playassdk

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Now i've run a monitor on my system, while running company og heroes, as an example.

40-45% CPU usage, 70% memory usage - game running 25 frames at startup.

is that of any omportance, that it isn't using it's resources?