Wireless internet help

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 3:04:19 PM

At my company a D-Link 802.11g wireless router is used for wireless
internet connection. Thinking this would be an easy hotspot to access
using my G4 iBook, I attempted to join the network. I am able to
connect to the network, signal is very strong, but it is unable to
connect to the internet. I am using the Airport card in my computer, as

it should connect to most wireless networks, but I just can't get on
the internet. Any help? Thanks,
Unusual

More about : wireless internet

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 3:21:23 PM

On 22 Jun 2005 11:04:19 -0700, unusual@taanet.org wrote:

>At my company a D-Link 802.11g wireless router is used for wireless
>internet connection. Thinking this would be an easy hotspot to access
>using my G4 iBook, I attempted to join the network. I am able to
>connect to the network, signal is very strong, but it is unable to
>connect to the internet. I am using the Airport card in my computer, as
>
>it should connect to most wireless networks, but I just can't get on
>the internet. Any help? Thanks,
> Unusual

Maybe you have to be given permission? There are many ways the site
administrator can block u.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 6:57:49 PM

1) the card in your apple may not be G compatible; the router may be
locked to G only.
2) router is mac address locked
3) DHCP is locked to authorized cards/users only
4) router uses fixed IP assignment; you need to manually set one.
5) SSID is not being broadcast by the router; hidden
6) etc, etc.

Truck loads of reasons why you can't get online. Ask the company's IS guys.
!