I want to build a new computer and I need your advices about compatibility and to explain me the right way to install Win7 SP1 Pro 64bits. I read many posts and the “Sean’s guide” but I have many questions after reading.
1) Here is my configuration:
- Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Deluxe
- Memory modules: 4x4Gb Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 or Corsair Vengeance Series 32 Go (4 x 8 Go) CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9
- Intel i7 core 3930K
- Tower Thermaltake Level 10GT
- Watercooling Corsair H100
- Power Corsair AX1200
- Graphic Cards: 2x Asus GTX680- DC2O-2GD5 in SLI
- 2x 256Go OCZ SSD Vertex4 in RAID 0 to install my OS Win7 Pro SP1 64bits
- 2x Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 2To Sata6Gb for storage
- LiteOn ihbs112
a) Which better choice for memory modules: CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 (as recommended on the Corsair website) or CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (as I read in Asus sheets) for best stability? I read many issues with that MB if bad memory choice.
And if I choose 32GB, are the (4 x 8 Go) CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9 good for stability? I read that Asus tells that 4x8Go is better than 8x4Go, but I’d like to have confirmation.
Which Corsair memory modules 32Go could you advice for my P9X79Deluxe?
b) Any advice about the SLI Asus GTX680-DC2O-2GD5? I read many people have issue with this kind of graphic cards, with a red screen (Rsod). Do you know what’s the fix?
I read too that it isn’t recommended to install the Asus AISuite. In that case, how to overclock?
c) Any compatibility issues with this config?
2) About the OS installation on the 2xSSD OCZ Vertex4 in RAID 0:
I read the “Sean’s guide” and some posts on this forum to do a well install and I understood that the best way for the x79 motherboard is to install Win7 from a USB Flash Drive and disconnect any SATA drive. I have to build my SSD in Raid Mode.
- But I really didn’t understand where I have to unzip the Intel RSTe drivers F6: on the same USB Flash Drive than Win7 Pro SP1 64bits? Or on another?
- If it’s on the same USB Flash Drive, how to do? Do I create the Win7 Pro SP1 64bits USB Flash Drive before, from the Win7.iso, and after, create a “RAID” Folder on this same USB Flash Drive (h:\RAID\IRSTedrivers.inf, where h: is my USB Flash drive)? Which format for the USB Flash Drive Win7 Pro SP1 64bits? The “Sean Guide” tells format FAT32 but OCZ Guide tells format NTFS.
I thank you in advance for your comments. I really don’t want to have stability issues with the memory modules and the graphic card.
Nice build...I have most of those parts, same board and CPU. X79 with 3930k defaults to run 8 sticks of RAM at 1333 and doesnt officially support 1600 RAM with both quad channels filled.
I have the CAS9 Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600 at 1600 16GB, 4x4 sticks to fill one quad channel...it O/C to 1866 easily.
With a single SSD I didnt have to worry about the RST issue with F6 but Asus manual explains in addendum how to install RAID when installing Windows 7. it doesnt cover Win7 on USB too though...
i only have a single Gigabyte GTX670 but it installed painlessly.