Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

1600Mhz Clock speed

Last response: in Memory
Share
June 17, 2012 6:40:35 PM

Will CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) work with this CPU Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) at 1600Mhz Clock speed on the memory?

More about : 1600mhz clock speed

June 17, 2012 6:47:20 PM

There's no reason why any RAM won't work with any CPU, unless it's DDR2 or DDR3 and the CPU does not have the correct controller, but in your case this doesn't apply.
Score
0

Best solution

a c 128 } Memory
June 17, 2012 6:54:07 PM

That CPU is only guaranteed to work at DDR3-1333 speeds, but there's at least a 95% chance that it will work just fine at DDR3-1600 speeds. Of the 5% of the cases where it doesn't work with just an XMP profile, 80% of the cases can be solved by loosening timings and/or bumping the voltage. The remaining 1% are just lemons and there's nothing that can be done about it.
Share
Related resources
a b } Memory
June 17, 2012 7:06:11 PM

+1^, every sandy-bridge cpu should work fine with any of ddr3 frequency but make you have to enable the XMP profile.
Score
0
June 17, 2012 9:28:24 PM

Thank you very much everyone, I heard of the Profile, and I figured it would all work, thanks.
Score
0
June 17, 2012 9:32:46 PM

Best answer selected by idclmao.
Score
0
a c 128 } Memory
June 17, 2012 9:37:50 PM

idclmao said:
Best answer selected by idclmao.

n
nThe 2700k processors are top binned, the chances of it not running 1600 out of the box are next to none. If I were you I'd go ahead and get the Vengeance RAM because it's awesome and worth every penny.
Score
0
June 17, 2012 10:06:57 PM

I know this doesnt answer anything about the original question by the OP but how about the Ivy Bridge, will it work with a 1600Mhz? and up to what frequency will it not be compatible with.
Thanks
Score
0
a c 146 } Memory
June 17, 2012 10:07:09 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
0
!