miketvsubs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Noob here
I just built a new PC, turned it on, & all I saw was a message from my monitor saying there is no DVI input.

All the lights & fans turn on in the tower, but there is no beep (so I guess that means it's not booting??)

I only have the one monitor & PC, so I don't have any extra equipment to test anything on. Any advice on how to proceed troubleshooting this thing? I tried pulling out the graphics card & re-seating it, but no luck.

SPECS:
MOBO: Asus M4A79X XTD Evo
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Cyclone
RAM 4x4G GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 (PC# 2800)
PSU: Corsair TX650 Enthusiast
Monitor: Asus VH236H

miketvsubs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
1st off, let me congratulate you for nailing on the head the fact that I didn't have my CPU power connector plugged in. My PSU has two 4-pin connectors, so I plugged one of those into my mobo's 4-pin connection.

It didn't seem to work, though....I'm still not getting a beep or a DVI signal. But my DVD drive started making a sound like a copy machine. (It's real quiet, but there's a pattern to it that reminds me of a copy machine). I think it's looking for a disk. Any suggestions?

So you actually performed EVERY step in the checklist? The checklist solves this problem at least 90% of the time if you go through the entire thing.

What happened when you tried each RAM module by itself in every RAM slot? You're absolutely sure all the motherboard standoffs line up with a hole in the motherboard? Do you have both 6-pin PCI-E power connectors plugged into your graphics card? Did you perform the bread-boarding suggestion at the end of the checklist to eliminate the possibility of a short?

online4gary

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Hi, I have the same problem and would like to know how you resolve your issue. I didn't really understand what you mean by having condensation on headers and dripped into the carb? Can you please explain? Thank you.