Sign in with
Your question

Someone please help. I need it, Bad.

Last response: in Motherboards
June 17, 2012 8:38:14 PM

I recently just bought a new computer from HP(HP pavilion HPE series) and im not liking the case.. im wondering if I were to buy my dream case Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Case if it would go along with my Motherboard Pegatron Corporation 2AB5

Specs:o perating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AB5 (CPU 1)
Graphics
HP 2711 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Unknown)
Hard Drives
977GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721010CLA632 (SATA)
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DH16ABSH
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Any help is much appreciated! Please!

More about : bad

a c 147 V Motherboard
June 17, 2012 9:10:01 PM

I'm sorry, I don't think this is the answer you are seeking, but I cannot recommend or support the purchase of ANY CM product.
In reviews of unrelated products (in this case, many of their PSUs), CM was found to be dishonest. Many companies exaggerate, or offer best-case scenarios that are unrealistic at best, but claiming protection circuits that are in fact missing is an outright lie. Here are some sample links:
LL=Liar Label, MC=Missing Circuits

1. LL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Ex...
2. MC: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-El...
3. LL AND MC: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-El...
4. LL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...
5. LL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...

...I think that's enough. These aren't dings for poor quality, but for dishonesty. Many others get dinged for quality; my favorite is probably the remark in HardOCP's review of the GX-650 calling it a "polished turd in a box."
So anyway, there you have it; a company which should not be supported, regardless of the quality of its other products. And get this, it gets worse. Having been called on it, they're going to pull them from the North American market and foist them off elsewhere. This per Gabriel Torres (operator of HardwareSecrets): "I had a meeting with them during Computex and, according to them, they are removing all power supplies with fake wattage from the North American market (and dumping them somewhere else)." So, the company is dishonest, and I would suggest you select an alternate case. Rosewill, Antec, and Lian Li (in roughly ascending order of quality) would be my suggestions.
m
l
June 17, 2012 11:49:45 PM

2105952,2,59500 said:
I'm sorry, I don't think this is the answer you are seeking, but I cannot recommend or support the purchase of ANY CM product.
In reviews of unrelated products (in this case, many of their PSUs), CM was found to be dishonest. Many companies exaggerate, or offer best-case scenarios that are unrealistic at best, but claiming protection circuits that are in fact missing is an outright lie. Here are some sample links:
LL=Liar Label, MC=Missing Circuits

thanks for your help ill make sure not to buy from them. Can u please Give me a case that would work for my kind of MOBO and which case you reccomend
m
l
Related resources
June 18, 2012 12:01:37 AM

but how do i know if it supports my Mobo.. dont i have to check that out? sorry im not the most computer person. But i do want to learn!
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:02:55 AM

It is supported.

Motherboard Compatibility - Micro - ATX / ATX / E-ATX
m
l
June 18, 2012 12:12:04 AM

Nikorr I cant thank you enough!
Thank you so much!
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:12:47 AM

Nothing to it : )
m
l
a c 147 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:41:57 AM

The case may very well be outstanding. A lot of people love it. That isn't the point. The company is dishonest, and a rational individual does not support dishonesty.
Not to worry, as far as quality goes, I've been happy with every Rosewill case I ever bought.
m
l
June 18, 2012 12:44:37 AM

I'm so confused. i just want a case that keeps my Parts cool and doesnt want to explode... And im still deciding whether i want full-tower or mid-tower...
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:48:38 AM

That case from HP is weak in compare to that Full Tower. Its one of the best ventilated cases available.

If u get an after market CPU cooler, u can OC to 4.5GHz with ease : )
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:49:58 AM

Full tower cools better than smaller case, especially with all those fans.

COOLING FROM ALL QUARTERS
Unparalleled cooling. Font, top, side and rear fans come ready to move air and keep your parts cool. Both exhaust and intake fans equip to keep fresh air coming in, and hot air moving out.
m
l
a c 147 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:52:00 AM

Your CPU is locked, so you won't be overclocking it a lot (if at all). Your graphics card is also mid-range at most, so it also won't produce a lot of heat. Most any case with a 120mm rear fan will keep your parts cool enough; worst case get a case that lets you also add a front fan (or comes with it), so you get smooth flow through the case.
Many of Rosewill's gaming cases come with front and rear fans. Some also have (or will take) top and/or side fans.

Edit: What Nikorr said about overclocking would be true for the "K" model; I'm guessing he missed that your 2600 is a non-K.
If you want an aftermarket cooler anyway (such as to reduce noise), there are a number of good 120mm tower-style coolers available, so you don't need to buy a CM there either. I've got a 970BE overclocked to 4GHz under a Xigmatek Gaia, and it is at 31C.
m
l
June 18, 2012 12:52:39 AM

yea see but im stupid and my CPU cant be overclocked.. Hp didnt have that feature. 2600 <--- no k =/ so

anyways what ur saying is keep the case and replace the fans? i only have 1 intake 1 exaust fan everything else is covered. only 2 other parts on the face have a place for the air to escape and there on 1 side about 3x5 spaces

i would say im sort of a high end gamer. gaming sort of is my life. I even get paid to play so money isnt the issue. i just want a long lasting computer that wont blow up.

sorry for the misspelled words.. =/

Thanks for all the help BTW nikor
m
l
a c 147 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 12:58:35 AM

If you have one 120mm intake and one 120mm exhaust, then you should have sufficient airflow through your case for adequate cooling.
That will be true even after you upgrade your graphics card to something a lot stronger. The issue then becomes your PSU; whatever HP provided is no doubt scaled for just what you got, not substantial upgrades.
m
l
June 18, 2012 1:03:14 AM

Thanks Onus Yea i plan to upgrade throughout the years. So i should be fine for right now?

P.S Sorry for all the hassle im new to this kind of stuff!
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 1:30:03 AM

If u just bought the PC, return it and build your own.

Faster with a case u like and unlocked CPU.

U will be more happy.
m
l
June 18, 2012 4:37:45 AM

Not really a big fan of my hp case..
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 18, 2012 5:50:42 AM

Can u return it?
m
l
June 21, 2012 1:54:35 AM

Keyvaniath said:
I recently just bought a new computer from HP(HP pavilion HPE series) and im not liking the case.. im wondering if I were to buy my dream case Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Case if it would go along with my Motherboard Pegatron Corporation 2AB5
Any help is much appreciated! Please!

Hey, Keyvaniath.

Not the expert a number of people replying probably are, but a couple of points.

You haven't mentioned WHY you don't like your case - I seriously doubt "keeping the case but replacing the fans" is of any value at least from the standpoint of noise or heat - one thing Dell & HP do is design their systems to be *very* quiet (e.g., my brand new Dell XPS 8300 - nearly identical config as yours) is ridiculously quiet - I have noticed two sounds - a very low static or hiss sound from speakers and a peculiar *squeak* on the wheel of my trackball - that I am pretty sure were always there but I never heard because of the monstrosity that was my old case and fans - I can *barely* hear the new machine at all!).

The other issue that may be strange - or I may be showing my ignorance on - is the power supply (suspect yours is 300W, mine is 460W) and motherboard location. I looked inside an HP at Costco (and a Dell) and was blown away with the OPPOSITE door opening on the HP and the motherboard being on the other side of the machine! Do NOT recall ever having seen this before!

Anyway, the case you listed takes the power supply on the bottom (many new ones do), and I think your HP has it up top. Since HPs and Dells are designed pretty tightly, you will have to make sure your cables will still reach the correct parts in the new case! Odd thing being if it all gets turned around (mobo AND power supply) because it goes on the other side it will wind up at the bottom anyway!

Then again, if you say you will be upgrading anyway as time goes on, the PSU (power supply unit) will probably be one of the first to go. Any hot new graphics card and that 300W - if that's what it is - is out of there anyway.

Say, if money isn't an issue why didn't you get like an Alienware or some other custom built gaming rig? (You still can, and you can send me your new HP!! I mean, if money isn't an issue...)
m
l
!