I can see the games on the DS

Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).
5 answers Last reply
More about games

    They DID do it when they released the GBA SP. How can you say, "the GBA sp
    not withstanding)?

    "Dyuob Poltice" <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
    > only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
    > light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
    > On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
    > Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:03:11 GMT, "sardu"
    <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >They DID do it when they released the GBA SP. How can you say, "the GBA sp
    >not withstanding)?
    >

    >"Dyuob Poltice" <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
    >> only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
    >> light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
    >> On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
    >> Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).

    I never got around to trying the sp, because i was so ticked off that
    the GBA didn't come with a light to start with.
    I mean, here they were, coming out with a better handheld, that could
    play all the formats of Nintendo handhelds up to that point, capable
    of a great picture, and they figured it was a waste of battery power
    to to light it up.
    Not every one who plays video games is a kid waiting at the bus stop.
    I find I have to spend great amount of time waiting in Drs offices and
    hospital rooms, and a lighted game system really comes in handy.
    I think that Nintendo didn't quite understand that adults, in real
    life situations play video games too.
    I'm 46, married with 2 kids, and all of us enjoy video games, esp.
    Nintendo.
    The next cart i'm getting, btw is Tetris worlds.
    I also think the mp3/video add on looks very promising as well.
    It's a great time to be a gamer, don't you agree?

    The GBA used AA batteries and Nintendo hadn't figured out how to get longer
    life out of those with a lit screen. Then they decided to try a
    rechargeable Lithium Ion, which worked way better than the AA with a lit
    screen.

    Also, at the time of the GBA developement, the lithium ion battery was too
    costly.

    Dyuob Poltice wrote:
    > The next cart i'm getting, btw is Tetris worlds.

    Good game, just bought this to play on my DS. Be warned though - you'll
    be cursing the game every time you accidentally hit UP when moving a
    piece left or right and send the block crashing down :)

    Mal
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Because Nintendo doesn't give a damn about their consumers.

    "Dyuob Poltice" <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
    > only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
    > light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
    > On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
    > Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).

Console Gaming Games Gameboy Video Nintendo Video Games