I can see the games on the DS

Last response: in Video Games
December 14, 2004 11:54:37 AM

Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).

More about : games

Anonymous
December 19, 2004 12:03:11 AM

They DID do it when they released the GBA SP. How can you say, "the GBA sp
not withstanding)?

"Dyuob Poltice" <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D gvtr0tfohuh3mcgk0245oi3j89pmmqv69@4ax.com...
> Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
> only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
> light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
> On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
> Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).

Anonymous
December 19, 2004 12:03:12 AM

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:03:11 GMT, "sardu"
<robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

>They DID do it when they released the GBA SP. How can you say, "the GBA sp
>not withstanding)?
>

>"Dyuob Poltice" <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:D gvtr0tfohuh3mcgk0245oi3j89pmmqv69@4ax.com...
>> Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
>> only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
>> light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
>> On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
>> Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).

I never got around to trying the sp, because i was so ticked off that
the GBA didn't come with a light to start with.
I mean, here they were, coming out with a better handheld, that could
play all the formats of Nintendo handhelds up to that point, capable
of a great picture, and they figured it was a waste of battery power
to to light it up.
Not every one who plays video games is a kid waiting at the bus stop.
I find I have to spend great amount of time waiting in Drs offices and
hospital rooms, and a lighted game system really comes in handy.
I think that Nintendo didn't quite understand that adults, in real
life situations play video games too.
I'm 46, married with 2 kids, and all of us enjoy video games, esp.
Nintendo.
The next cart i'm getting, btw is Tetris worlds.
I also think the mp3/video add on looks very promising as well.
It's a great time to be a gamer, don't you agree?
December 19, 2004 3:25:41 AM

The GBA used AA batteries and Nintendo hadn't figured out how to get longer
life out of those with a lit screen. Then they decided to try a
rechargeable Lithium Ion, which worked way better than the AA with a lit
screen.

Also, at the time of the GBA developement, the lithium ion battery was too
costly.

> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:03:11 GMT, "sardu"
> <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>They DID do it when they released the GBA SP. How can you say, "the GBA sp
>>not withstanding)?
>>

>>"Dyuob Poltice" <dyuob@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:D gvtr0tfohuh3mcgk0245oi3j89pmmqv69@4ax.com...
>>> Trying to play Castelvania on the GBA was a lesson in futility, the
>>> only time i could really see the image was out side, under bright
>>> light, and then it reall burned my eyes.
>>> On the DS I can see it just fine, and it really is a pretty game.
>>> Why oh why didn't they do this long aga (the GBA sp not withstanding).
>>>

> I never got around to trying the sp, because i was so ticked off that
> the GBA didn't come with a light to start with.
> I mean, here they were, coming out with a better handheld, that could
> play all the formats of Nintendo handhelds up to that point, capable
> of a great picture, and they figured it was a waste of battery power
> to to light it up.
> Not every one who plays video games is a kid waiting at the bus stop.
> I find I have to spend great amount of time waiting in Drs offices and
> hospital rooms, and a lighted game system really comes in handy.
> I think that Nintendo didn't quite understand that adults, in real
> life situations play video games too.
> I'm 46, married with 2 kids, and all of us enjoy video games, esp.
> Nintendo.
> The next cart i'm getting, btw is Tetris worlds.
> I also think the mp3/video add on looks very promising as well.
> It's a great time to be a gamer, don't you agree?

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 9:03:26 PM

Dyuob Poltice wrote:
> The next cart i'm getting, btw is Tetris worlds.

Good game, just bought this to play on my DS. Be warned though - you'll
be cursing the game every time you accidentally hit UP when moving a
piece left or right and send the block crashing down :)

Mal
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 8:44:21 PM

Because Nintendo doesn't give a damn about their consumers.

!