Sign in with
Your question

Budget Board for AMD Phenom II X4 965

Last response: in Motherboards
June 17, 2012 10:19:58 PM

Looking for some more current suggestions (June 2012) on budget boards for an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (125w).

Will be building a cheap game machine, and I have a GTX 550ti, a Phenom II X4 965 BE and a WD Caviar Black to put it in already.

Going to need Sata 3.0 6Gb/s support, won't need SLI ever, and would prefer something with at least 1 IDE header (although not absolutely necessary).

Would like to be able to put in 2X4Gb DD3, but have been having problems finding a (cheap) board that supports this for any recognizable brand name on the QVL. Usually only 2X2 or 4X2Gb.

Ordering in Canada and would prefer something around $125ish, with less being better, but I'm open to suggestions depending on the value.

All these years lurking and I just made my first post, will remember this day. :love: 
June 17, 2012 10:33:27 PM

That's weird, my MA770T board supports that right now so I wonder which brands you were looking at. I paid like 80USD for mine since I wanted more function than form. Do you have any preferences on sites/places to order from?
June 18, 2012 12:29:56 AM

I'll look into the MA770T. As for sites, I generally use tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca.
June 18, 2012 12:42:01 AM

The 770 is an older chipset but still works fine if you can find it. I did some searching on those two sites and the motherboards available don't seem to have an IDE header. I just checked the QVL for my motherboard and the RAM I'm using, G.Skill RipJaws 2x4GB, isn't even listed so I wouldn't entirely believe it.
!