Budget Board for AMD Phenom II X4 965

Looking for some more current suggestions (June 2012) on budget boards for an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (125w).

Will be building a cheap game machine, and I have a GTX 550ti, a Phenom II X4 965 BE and a WD Caviar Black to put it in already.

Going to need Sata 3.0 6Gb/s support, won't need SLI ever, and would prefer something with at least 1 IDE header (although not absolutely necessary).

Would like to be able to put in 2X4Gb DD3, but have been having problems finding a (cheap) board that supports this for any recognizable brand name on the QVL. Usually only 2X2 or 4X2Gb.

Ordering in Canada and would prefer something around $125ish, with less being better, but I'm open to suggestions depending on the value.

All these years lurking and I just made my first post, will remember this day. :love:
3 answers Last reply
More about budget board phenom
  1. That's weird, my MA770T board supports that right now so I wonder which brands you were looking at. I paid like 80USD for mine since I wanted more function than form. Do you have any preferences on sites/places to order from?
  2. I'll look into the MA770T. As for sites, I generally use tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca.
  3. The 770 is an older chipset but still works fine if you can find it. I did some searching on those two sites and the motherboards available don't seem to have an IDE header. I just checked the QVL for my motherboard and the RAM I'm using, G.Skill RipJaws 2x4GB, isn't even listed so I wouldn't entirely believe it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards AMD Phenom