Can't decide between 2 notebooks

cRNK

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Hello
im not sure if this is the right place to ask (sorry if so) but im having trouble deciding between 2 notebooks. all i do is play games and other mainstream things and im looking for a notebook that will last
me quite some time. so one has a core i7 2630qm with 2ghz and 6mb cache, 8gb of ddr3 1333 ram and a geforce gt 540m. the other one has a core i5 with 2.3ghz and 3mb cache, 4gb ram and a geforce gtx 460m.
as i mentioned above i want the laptop to last for a while and all i do is play league of legends, call of duty 4 and some newer games. im
not really aiming towards ultra high graphics i just want reasonably good settings with stable fps. so i would be thankful if you could help me out with deciding which laptop is better for gamimg but also which one would last longer with newer games coming.

Thanks in advance

Your best bet for a good gaming experience over time is the option with the better graphics card.

K-Kash

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
Well the way I see it if you are just playing LoL than the i5 should be plenty. While the graphics card is weaker, that graphics card will run LoL rather well. He'll I just use an AMD a10 and it's flawless so with a GPU and i5 you are set there. As for newer games you should still be able to run them with decent graphics at a solid fps. So from my perspective you should go with the i5 as it's cheaper and can work well now and with what's to come