Sign in with
Your question

GIGABYTE G1 Sniper 3 vs. ASUS P8Z77 V Deluxe ?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 18, 2012 1:41:51 AM

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a high end z77 mobo for my i7 3770k and I can't decide, please help me decide which is the best one to get and why and also should i wait for the Maximus V Formula ?
Thanks.
a c 1151 V Motherboard
a c 304 Ĉ ASUS
June 18, 2012 1:56:17 AM

I have said this here before, no reason to get the sniper unless you are going to run a triple or quad GPU setup. The Asus Delux is a great board, have you considered the Sabertooth?
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 18, 2012 1:57:09 AM

Are you planing on running three or quad GPU? If not both those motherboards are overkill for you
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 18, 2012 2:13:29 AM

I would say best bang for buck would be a ASRock Z77 Extreme6 if your not planing on running more than two GPU that's the way to go
m
l
June 18, 2012 1:43:06 PM

rolli59 said:
I have said this here before, no reason to get the sniper unless you are going to run a triple or quad GPU setup. The Asus Delux is a great board, have you considered the Sabertooth?

yea but the Sabertooth doesn't have a built in Wireless LAN and Bluetooth.
m
l
June 18, 2012 2:51:35 PM

bigcyco1 said:
I would say best bang for buck would be a ASRock Z77 Extreme6 if your not planing on running more than two GPU that's the way to go

I've never tried ASRock and I don't know if it is a good brand or no, that's why I am choosing between Asus and Gigabyte (tried both before and both are reliable brands).
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 18, 2012 3:02:15 PM

john865 said:
I've never tried ASRock and I don't know if it is a good brand or no, that's why I am choosing between Asus and Gigabyte (tried both before and both are reliable brands).
Well it's pretty funny to me because i have GIGABYTE G1 Sniper 3 and Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z and i can only say they are both overclocking beast and i have no regrets buying either so far :D  my thoughts considering the GIGABYTE G1 Sniper 3 offers as much features and expend ability as boards that cost 100 to 200 more i don't see how you could regret buying it ;) 
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 18, 2012 3:17:42 PM

I don't see how you could regret buying the Asus either though just my two cents....LOL!!
m
l
!