BIOS settings for dedicated graphics?

Hey, first time builder. I have installed a dedicated graphics card in my system, but the computer doesn't seem to even recognize its existence. The power supply is more than enough to handle the card and I have made sure that both 6-pin power connectors are plugged in and not loose. I've looked at the BIOS and am completely flabbergasted with the settings. Under the "Advanced" tab, in the "System Agent Configuration" options, the initiate graphic adapter is set to PEG/iGPU, with the only other option being iGPU. Video does come out of the onboard outputs, but not out of those on the graphics card. Are there other settings in the BIOS to configure to force use of the dedicated card, or could this be an entirely different problem?

Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M LX
CPU: Intel Pentium II g850 @ 2.9 GHz
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1gb
PSU: Corsair TX650
8gb of RAM (2 X 4gb)
3 answers Last reply
More about bios settings dedicated graphics
  1. I believe you got the correct BIOS settings since PEG means PCI Express Graphics and it will switch to iGPU by default if PEG isn't available.

Try removing the GPU and RAM for a while (a few minutes) then reinstall them, boot up, and set BIOS to defaults. I also got this problem sometimes when I reinstall all parts after cleaning them.
  2. After trying your fix, I installed the drivers from the disc provided with the card and rebooted the system. It doesn't appear that anything has changed. There is still only video from the motherboard's outputs, and absolutely nothing from the card. When trying to run the Catalyst Install Manager from the computer's files, a message reads, "Setup has detected an incomplete build. Setup will now exit." The same message had popped up numerous times before any fix, which had led me to believe the card was seated incorrectly.

Any ideas?
  3. UPDATE: As it turns out, the card was defective. Warranty, ACTIVATE!
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Graphics Cards Motherboards