AMD chipset issue

mystery42

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
I recently bought a M5A99X EVO to replace my old nvidia motherboard, the new Force GT drive i bought seems to run much slower in RAID on the AMD chipset then on the old nvidia chipset. Does anyone know of a solution for this? The SSD is not in a RAID just running off of it because of my 2x1TB drives same config i had with the old board and it ran much faster, average speed is around 200MB/s hits as low as 120MB/s. Its supposed to run up to 555MB/s i can't even hit the 400s without some luck and it only stays at 400 for a second. Runs great in AHCI mode but i do not like software RAID, any help would be appriciated.

You are saying it runs full speed in AHCI on the new board, and when you switch to RAID it drops, correct? Really shouldn't happen that I can think of as RAID mode in SATA should allow the same features/commands as AHCI... looked for any BIOS updated affecting the raid controller?

I don't know the boards BIOS but on mine I can also set the first 4 in RAID and the remaining 2 in another mode.

And honestly software raid is safer as you are fine if the board dies.

mystery42

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010

The corsair rep said the same thing, but nothing seems to be wrong with the board or the drive maybe its just the chipset thats all i can think of. Tried latest driver then found out amd drivers are worse than the generic microsoft drivers got even slower speed. Corsair says they have no reports of this happening on amd chipsets but they can't offer a solution either, running latest BIOS from asus as well.