RAM ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshmanmania

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hi, I was wondering what kind of ram I should get, I have an ASRock z77 fatality mobo, and I love to play video games, also I need to be sure that it will fit under the thermalright silver arrow CPU cooler... Would bad if it didn't

Any type you like, preferably at 1.5v (some boards don't like 1.65, aswell as it can harm the cpu since they share voltage somewhat) just make sure no huge heat spreaders or anything.

Also you "might" need to take off the thermal right arrow to get the ram sticks in then put it back on once they are in.

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
20-233-186-TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS