Your question

ASUS P8H67-M NO POST AFTER BIOS UPDATE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO RECOVER

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • BIOS
Last response: in Motherboards
June 18, 2012 12:41:09 PM

Tried a BIOS update with ASUS Tool in EUFI BIOS completed 98% then crashed. No POST since with no beeps at all. Checked all components and cleared CMOS 3 times with no change. Fans spin, power LED on, HDD noise but no image on monitor and no POST with no beeps. Asus not helpful at all. Any help would be very much appreciated.

PeterG

More about : asus p8h67 post bios update ideas recover

a c 435 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 19, 2012 11:08:16 AM

I would have sent in the board to asus; if they already have a record of your bios flash, they may refuse to exchange it. But try it anyway; just say the board won't post; nothing more. It takes 24 hours for any manufacture to respond to an rma request. Then 2-3 weeks to get a replacement board. I pack mine carefully in an extra shipping box; keep all the accessories; send in only the bare board. Any scratches or physical damage and asus will reject it. Most folks order a new board rather than wait, then sell the rma replacement board when it arrives. Good luck.
a c 481 V Motherboard
a c 122 Ĉ ASUS
June 19, 2012 11:59:50 AM

there is a asus bios recovery program built into the cmos in case of a bad flash. if the mb is working to a point a power up you may see one or both of the cd-rom or usb port light up as the mb cmos recovery is trying to find the bios file from a cd-rom or fat 16/fat 32 formatted usb stick. if i have a usb stick i would put the first bios file on it and see if the mb will recover. one other thing before you try is hit the mem ok button. the mb may have screwed up on the ram speed and need to be reset.
!