Updating bios of asus m5a78l-m le from another processor for fx4100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRATIKPK410

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
hello , i ordered "asus m5a78l-m le" from a site, along with the board i also ordered a "amd fx 4100 3.6ghz" processor , my brother assembled it and switched on the power supply but their was no display on the screen no beep sound ,the light on the motherboard was working fine the cpu fan was also working. i searched a lot on the web so that i can find a solution to my problem , a couple of times i found everybody saying that use a sempron or a phenom 2 processor and update the bios of the board to make fx4100 compatible with the board...so i called one technician so that i can borrow those compatible processors...so i have few questions in my mind, does updating the bios will fix my issue? is it a common problem which i have ? yeah again the same question is it really gonna work???

Solution
Yes; updating to the latest bios of any board will run the newest cpu if it's listed under "cpu support"; always check yourself before upgrading any cpu or ordering any new motherboard. Don't take my word for it.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A78LM_LE/#CPUS. Your board requires bios file 0401 to run the 4100; check your post screen with your old cpu; if the file is already 0401 or higher, then you don't need to flash; and yes, it will work; might as well have the tech flash the bios for you if he's going to charge you to use his cpu.

PRATIKPK410

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

WILL updating to the bios 1003 which is the latest one be ok...to run fx 4100... please take an effort of answering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.