Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H

kersh

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hello

Im going to upgrade my PC soon which i primarily use for gaming, with some parts and this is what i have in mind so far:

CPU: i5-3570K
Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H
Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance LowProfile

Later on i plan on getting a Asus GTX670 DirectCU II but until then im gonna use my XFX 5850 Black Edition but will i be able to use my old GPU with this new board? i mean is it backwards compatible.

Im also gonna reuse my PSU which is a 750W CORSAIR TX SERIES.

Right now im using the Scythe Yasya for CPU cooling and i guess i can use it on the new CPU aswell, although some sites say its 1156 socket only, and some say it fits on 1155 aswell. Does anyone know for sure it will fit a LGA1155 socket?

Any help is appreciated :)

Note: for 10 more, see if you can get the GA-Z77x-UD3H (note the U). It's a better built board.

You'll have no compatibility problems with the Gfx card. Your MB is compatible with it.

Also, as for the cooler, anything that fits a sockett 1156 will also fit a socket 1155 as they are exactly the same dimensions. It's just the pin layout that differs.

kersh

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Thanks for your response, but why is the UD3H better? here in Denmark its approximately 25-30$ more expensive, its not that big a deal but im just wondering whats so much better about it?

It's actually rthe way that it's built is better. The fiberglass strands used to hold the board together are finer, and there are more of them, than in the regular boards. That's makes the board more durable.

kersh

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Before the Gigabyte i was thinking of getting the ASRock Z77 Extreme4, but from reading through the forum people are having issues with the USB 3.0 and dual memory slots. But there are also reviews and other people saying that the ASRock board is really nice, so im kinda in doubt and wanted to go with the GA-Z77X-D3H, but maybe i will go with the GA-Z77X-UD3H instead.

Do you have any experience with the ASRock Z77 Extreme4?

kersh

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Well i think i will be going with the GA-Z77X-UD3H :)

Junoh315

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the D3H but was a bit unsatisfied at only one PCIe 3.0 slot since I am thinking about upgrading to another SLI based video card in the future as soon as I can afford it.

This motherboard is only 25 more on NewEgg and it looks like it's much better.

Thanks again. I've been studying computer builds and all of the technical specifications trying to find the perfect build since it's my first time buying parts to build a computer instead of just taking old PCs and mashing them together.

ExpertJD

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

I believe you are comparing the wrong boards then because both the z77x ud3h and the z77x d3h have the same ultra durable board design, but if you are looking at the z77 d3h against the z77x ud3h then yea its built better.