Solved

Is Athena Power Good?

Is Athena Power a decent company or another bunch of fails like diablotec? http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0318680 just need to run a mobo, and an AMD 100w APU.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about athena power good
  1. Best answer
    You mean good in blowing up? Yep! It's right up there with diablotec, bestec, deer etc!

Grab one fast! Also grab a cO2 extinguisher to put out the fire! You don't want any of those liquid ones cause they conduct electricity and water + computers = bad things!
  2. Is there like a 200 - 300w PSU that isn't a fail?
  3. The cheapest and lowest power supply i have full confidence in and recommend to people in replacing OEM psu's are the Antec EA 380D and Corsair CX 430 V2.
  4. What about Basiq?
  5. I've had 3 of Antec's Basiq line fail.....hopefully they've fixed them so when they fail they don't wipe out motherboards...
  6. I don't even need 300w. I just need like 150w at full load....
  7. A basiq... is well... a basic psu...

Just get the EA380D or Cx430V2 (whichever is cheaper) and call it a day. There's no quality unit's that's cheaper than these two and have a lower wattage.
  8. In short
    Its just like logisys
  9. Go with Lilotimz. The EA-380D has been my "goto" PSU on basic builds for years. If you want to go even lower, Seasonic has a couple of 300W 80+ bronze units that should be good (Seasonic doesn't know how to make a bad PSU). Those units don't have PCIE power connectors, but you may not care about that.
  10. antec basiq are good if your running a low power pc, which you are.
  11. Best answer selected by samuelspark.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies AMD Power Athena Components