Should I upgrade? Tags: Motherboards Last response: June 18, 2012 7:51 PM in Motherboards Share breakformula June 18, 2012 7:49:44 PM Currently I have a GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Mobo that has the 790GX Chip. And a Phenom II X4 925 Deneb @ 3.5GHZ. and 8gb of RAM @ 1600mhz 1. Would I see in increase in performance or other attributes if I were to upgrade to a say 990 board with current specs. 2. If I bought the FX-4170 or waited for PileDriver. Would it help to upgrade? Or should i? More about : upgrade | E-mail me updates | Report abuse Register or log in to remove nikorr Motherboard Master June 18, 2012 7:51:40 PM If u will not get latest Intel, than wait. After all, u want to see your upgrade worth the effort. | Report abuse Ask the community Publish Tom's Hardware>Forum>Motherboards>Should I upgrade?> Related ressources: ForumWhat should i upgrade to .... I am on low budget ForumShould I upgrade from 560ti to 660ti or 670? ForumShould I Upgrade my Z68 to a Z77 Mobo? ForumShould I upgrade my PC or wait for Haswell? ForumShould i upgrade my GTX 560? ForumShould I upgrade my CPU or my GPU? ForumSo should I upgrade or do a completely new build? ForumShould I upgrade my i7 875k ForumCan the pc handle a 220gt safely or should i upgrade powersupply ForumPlanning to upgrade , but.. should I wait for ps3 price cut? ForumWhat should i upgrade ATI 4850 to ? ForumHeat/noise issue. Should I upgrade or build a new system? ForumWondering what i should upgrade next? ForumShould I upgrade my video card or go with a new HDD? ForumShould i upgrade ForumShould I buy a new PC or Upgrade for Planetside 2 ForumWhat's the order i should upgrade ? ForumWhich is better memory Forum[Solved] Should I upgrade my 1600 DDR3 memory Forum[Solved] Should I upgrade motherboard to z68 or z77 More resources Read discussions in other Motherboards categories BIOS Boot Chipsets ASRock Asus Chaintech DFI Elitegroup FIC Foxconn Gigabyte Intel MSI-Microstar !