Suggest a good server for my business needs

titusantony

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hi guys,

First of all, i am not an administrator and have no good knowledge about servers. Me and my friends have started an IT company and there is a need for getting a server. I will tell you the requirements.

No of employees (as of now) - 26

The server must be good enough to support,

1) Oracle Database for data warehousing
2) Microsoft .Net and sql server
3) ETL and Reporting Tools - Informatica, ......
and some other stuff like email server, apache etc...

Please suggest some good servers probably in HP / IBM. Or give me some suggestions like the processor (Intel / AMD) , no of cores, amount of ram, etc....

titusantony

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Thank you for you reply. I am not specifically into IBM or HP. I am ready to go for any of them. Considering my business needs, would you kindly give some suggestion on the family of servers that Dell offers?

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Like I said, most of our stuff is older, running Windows Server 2003 if that tells you anything(I just started with my current company late last year). However, I think most of our servers are their Poweredge servers. Not 100% what they offer now, but I think a lot of ours are dual cores, 2gb of ram or something along those lines. So I would probably look at at least a quad core, but get the fastest you can get, they are even heading toward 8 cores for desktop, so I would guess they have toward that number of cores now, etc. 4 gb of ram minimum, more is better though.

The more ram and more cores you can fit on, the better because you are saying you want to run these multiple apps on one server. Depending how heavy a load you are going to put on it, you may even consider 2 lighter servers so that you can balance the workloads between them. IE let them each do one specific thing and only that.

flongo

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

I recommend CSU Industries, Inc. They have been around for over 30 years.
Hope you contact them, great company. Please mention me.

Thanks, Frank Longo

CSU Industries, Inc.
Avram Weissman
(347) 826-4317
395 Pearsall Ave
Cedarhurst, NY 11516

TRENDING THREADS