Heating problem

Hello,
My computer shuts off when its temps get to 50C.Is there a way to increase the max temps for it?
12 answers Last reply
More about heating problem
  1. There may be. How flexible is your BIOS?
  2. what do you mean?
  3. I have a msi P67A-C43 B3 mobo
  4. If your computer is a prebuild (Dell, HP, etc), then there may not be too much you can do in the BIOS. On the other hand, if your computer was a home build, then your BIOS should be able to raise the limit of 50°C.
  5. I built it.
  6. Good. What are your system specs?
  7. CPU: i5 2500
    Motherboard: msi P67A-C43 B3
    Graphics Card: PNY 560 ti
    Memory: 8gb (4Gx2) G.Skill 1600
    Hard Drive: 1TB Samsung
    Power Supply: Antec BP550
    Case: NZXT Phantom
    Cooling
    CPU: Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  8. I took a look at your mobo manual. I don't see an option to change the shutdown temperature, but you'd be the better judge of that. Check the Advanced section of your BIOS, under H/W Monitor. If you can't find a way to raise that limit, then perhaps the alternative would be to set the fan speed to 100% when your CPU reaches 50.
  9. ok thanks
  10. could it be a bad mobo?
  11. It's possible. In my opinion, 50°C is oddly low for your computer to shutdown on. The mobo has the thermal sensors, and if one of them is bad, it could be only reporting 50°C, but in reality, your temp could be higher. Still, even that is a stretch, because to reach a thermal shutdown temp, you'd have to be doing some serious OC w/o aftermarket cooling.

Where are you reading the temp at, the Hardware Monitor just before the OS loads?
  12. well i ran prime 95 today while i was at school and it didnt shut down.The maxs were core1 54C core2 54C core3 57C core4 55C. I dont know what happen but it seems to be working.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers Heating