Sign in with
Your question

Issues with PC

Last response: in Motherboards
June 18, 2012 9:39:09 PM

OK. I am having issues with the system and can't figure it out after 2 weeks. When I first tried to reboot my system 2 weeks ago after a power outage, I had nothing. No signal to the screen. I figure something got scrambled in the bios, so I reset the bios, but still got nothing. I noticed that the onboard LED lights not both on. D1 was lit, but D2 was off. I checked the system booklet and it turned out to be a memory issue. Or so I thought. I tested the memory in a different system and everything checked out perfect with both sticks. Replacing the memory in the other 2 DIMMs and I got no LED indicators lit which reads as Abnormal: CPU / Chipset error. So I switched them back. D1 was lit, D1 was out. Also noticed that it seemed to be choking for power. It would quickly come on, then off. it would do this until the system, i guess, was charged up. Every time if would turn on and shut off, it would stay on for a bit longer, but would also take more time to cycle for the boot. I replaced the power supply, but continue to receive the same. I cannot understand what the issue is with this board.

CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9750 2.40GHz
Mobo: Biostar TA790GXB A2+ (PCB Version 6.0V)
Video: Onboard ATI Radeon HD 3300
MEM: G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066
HDD: 2 x WD 500GB 7200RPM, 2 x WD 1TB 7200RPM, 1 x WD 250GB 7200 RPM, 1 x WD 2TB 7200RPM
Power Supply: Rosewill 750 Watt

More about : issues

a c 435 V Motherboard
June 19, 2012 11:13:19 AM

You may have a bad board. Request an rma from biostar and give them 24 hours to respond. I got a replacement in only 9 days, which is fast compared to other manufacturers.
m
l
July 6, 2012 3:53:16 AM

o1die said:
You may have a bad board. Request an rma from biostar and give them 24 hours to respond. I got a replacement in only 9 days, which is fast compared to other manufacturers.

I did the RMA, but the board was manufactured in April of 09. I bought it in Dec of 09. The warranty is 3 years from manufacture date, not purchase date, which is BS. I have to see if I can spare the money to have them fix the board.
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
July 6, 2012 9:35:08 AM

I would check craigslist for a used board and forget about the biostar board unless they charge you only a modest fee. I see used am2+ boards for $35 at least once a week on my local craigslist.
m
l
!