Solved

External USB Sound Card for Laptop

Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop, but its internal sound card doesn't seem to be working any more. It used to work great when I first got it. I'm not sure if it's a motherboard issue.

Over the year, the sound level has been going down, but now, I can no longer get any audio from the laptop.

I'm wondering if an external USB sound card would work and give me the audio I need without having to replace the motherboard.

I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks so much for your help.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about external sound card laptop
  1. Best answer
    Yip your best bet would be to get a usb sound card, if it does not work then you would be suffering from either OS issues or driver complications, i would suggest you take it in to your local IT store and ask them to test it on the laptop before you purchase it, however it is more then likely to work within so you will be changing the hardwares output as well as probably using alternative drivers through the OS.
  2. Behringer UCA202. i have it and its good. affordable too.
  3. Pilk said:
    Yip your best bet would be to get a usb sound card, if it does not work then you would be suffering from either OS issues or driver complications, i would suggest you take it in to your local IT store and ask them to test it on the laptop before you purchase it, however it is more then likely to work within so you will be changing the hardwares output as well as probably using alternative drivers through the OS.


    Thank you very much, Pilk! I'll give that a try.
  4. chinoroy said:
    Behringer UCA202. i have it and its good. affordable too.


    Awesome, thank you!
  5. Only a pleasure, give us a shout if you require anything further.
  6. Does the Behringer UCA202 has external speakers or one needs to be using earpiece to connect to it?
  7. Pilk said:
    Only a pleasure, give us a shout if you require anything further.


    I just wanted to give you an update. The external sound card you suggested worked out great! I can now receive sound from my laptop and am very excited indeed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
  8. samuelson said:
    Does the Behringer UCA202 has external speakers or one needs to be using earpiece to connect to it?

    no. you connect your speakers into it and your headphones/earbuds.
  9. Awesome Frobis glad everything working great.
  10. Best answer selected by frobis.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Laptops External USB Components