Flash cart or a second DS?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've been wanting a flashcart for the GBA-SP (and now DS) for a short period
now. All I want to do with the flashcart is simply be able to play old NES
games through emulation. (Not interested in pirating GBA games, in fact
been looking for the smallest and least expensive flashcart since all I want
to do is NES.)

However, at a local retail store (where DS's are on the shelves), the DS
keeps grabbing my eye for me to purchase a second DS. The DS is awesome for
only $150. Since nobody I know has a DS yet, I'm thinking if I just had two
I would be able to play multiplayer with anyone. With Xmas approaching, I
can't really justify buying myself two $100 toys (a second DS and a
flashcart).

Which would you go for -- a second DS or a flashcart?

Decisions, decisions! :^)

-Eric

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Eric" <none@nospam.not> schreef in bericht
> I've been wanting a flashcart for the GBA-SP (and now DS) for a short
> period
> now. All I want to do with the flashcart is simply be able to play old
> NES
> games through emulation. (Not interested in pirating GBA games, in fact
> been looking for the smallest and least expensive flashcart since all I
> want
> to do is NES.)
>
> However, at a local retail store (where DS's are on the shelves), the DS
> keeps grabbing my eye for me to purchase a second DS. The DS is awesome
> for
> only $150. Since nobody I know has a DS yet, I'm thinking if I just had
> two
> I would be able to play multiplayer with anyone. With Xmas approaching, I
> can't really justify buying myself two $100 toys (a second DS and a
> flashcart).
>
> Which would you go for -- a second DS or a flashcart?
>
> Decisions, decisions! :^)
>
> -Eric

Buy the flashcard. In the end, I don't see any reasons why you want to keep
2 DS'es. Eventually people will have their own DS as well, and a lot of
games are good enough for their singeplayer atm. I think buying two DS'es is
a waste of money... Money you can spend much better on the Flashcard.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Buy the flashcard. In the end, I don't see any reasons why you want to
keep
> 2 DS'es. Eventually people will have their own DS as well, and a lot of
> games are good enough for their singeplayer atm. I think buying two DS'es
is
> a waste of money... Money you can spend much better on the Flashcard.

Yeah, you are right -- that would definetly be more practical. :^)

Thanks...

>> Buy the flashcard. In the end, I don't see any reasons why you want to
> keep
>> 2 DS'es. Eventually people will have their own DS as well, and a lot of
>> games are good enough for their singeplayer atm. I think buying two DS'es
> is
>> a waste of money... Money you can spend much better on the Flashcard.
>
> Yeah, you are right -- that would definetly be more practical. :^)
>
> Thanks...

Good luck!

If you haven't yet bought a flash cart, I have a 512MB X-Rom with cable for
$75 shipped. It is one of the better flash carts on the market and my price
is $20 below regular price (factor in what other smaller carts sell for with
shipping, and this is a great deal). Let me know if you are interested.

Joe