PNY XLR8 gtx 460 oc OR EVGAGTX 460 Superclocked

the PNY card have higher clock and cheaper. normally people would go for it but i heard PNY support and warranty are no really good (that's why some people don't like it if they want to get quadro since PNY are the only board partner that makes quadro)
if you really card about warranty stuff then just go for EVGA. the price difference is isn't much after rebate. don't worry about the clocks though since you can do overclock the card yourself. most GTX460 able to hit 850mhz on the core on stock voltage

Lifetime warranty on the PNY and usually good bundled extras. I bought my PNY card after posting a "Is PNY a good video card brand" thread, and no one said anything negative about them. I know of a couple others on here who went for the PNY Xceler8 series with no complaints. Unless someone else on here has direct personal experience with PNY that resulted in a negative, I would say go for the PNY.

I just posted this in another thread. I thought it was kinda shady in regard to warranty. I don't have anything negative to say about their product though. This is sorta deceiving in regard to their "lifetime" warranty in comparison to other companies I know of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PNY Graphic Card Warranty
*One year (will be extended for the lifetime of the original purchaser upon completion of a registration form on PNY's website)

LIMITED 1 YEAR WARRANTY*
PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") expressly warrants this Graphics Card (product) to be free from defects in
materials and workmanship for a period of One year (*will be extended for the lifetime of the original purchaserupon completion
of a registration form on PNY's website ) from the date of sales receipt as sold to the original purchaser ("purchaser"), subject to
all the terms and conditions hereunder. This warranty is not assignable. Products can be registered on PNY’s website at
http://www.pny.com. Products must be registered within 90 days of purchase.
PNY's sole obligation under this warranty is to replace or, at its option, to repair, free of charge, all the product's
defective parts. This warranty applies only on the condition that the product has been installed, maintained and
operated under conditions of normal use and in accordance with the installation guide provided herewith. The
provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in PNY's sole judgment, the product has been subject to misuse or
neglect, improper installation, damaged in an accident, or repaired or altered in any way that affects its
performance or reliability.

LIFETIME WARRANTY

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") warrants the product, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product as sold to the original purchaser ("purchaser"), subject to all the terms and conditions hereunder. This warranty is for replacement for like items only. Lifetime replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if the company no longer stocks them. (Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product.)This warranty is not assignable.

The inevitable, "but there's an AMD card you should also consider...".

Jay, you have to go specifically to the lifetime warranty for the Xceler8 series, which does not have that part you highlighted. I have examined it a couple times and there is really nothing to be concerned about that I can see. Here it is to see for yourself:
http://www3.pny.com/support/media/Files/e91160d2-8992-4bc5-90ba-bd8a152eb045/XLR8%20Warranty%20-%209-01-09_v1.pdf

majin ssj eric

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

The cheapest 6950 1GB I found was $239 on Newegg. Not sure where you are getting $200-$210. Secondly, the benches for the 1GB version of the 6950 are very similar to the 560Ti (close enough to call it a draw IMO). The 2GB version is clearly faster and has the ability to be reflashed to perform like a 6970 but you will not find a 2GB for the price of a 560Ti.