intel 15 2500k
gtx 570
g.skill ripjaws 2x4gb
antec hcg-900
60gb corsair force GT
2tb seagate barracuda
corsair hydro h80
nzxt phantom

at first knowing asus is a trusted brand, i wanted an asus p8z77-v. it had wifi build in and i thought it was a no brainer. but i realised routing a long cable would benefit my gaming. so now i dont need wifi and could save 60 dollars if i buy the asrock extreme4. it has 4 sata3 ports opposed to 2 on the asus board. it has everthing i need and i dont see the downside.

has anyone heard of any problems on the asrock z77 extreme4. or anything that makes the asus board more worth buying?

Solution
ASRock actually came from ASUS. They make really good motherboards but PERSONALLY, I prefer ASUS, Bigger Company, More experience, Trusted. Everything else is pretty much the same. I don't know much about ASRock motherboards because I have never owned one, I don't think I will, since I still have the choice to go with ASUS
ASUS>ASRock>Gigabyte>Msi>Intel>any other non-popular brands(biostar,foxconn,....)

My advice is go onto sites like Newegg, TigerDirect, NCIX.com, Youtube, Amazon
Search for the ASRock motherboard and look at the reviews for it.
That will give you a good idea.

EDIT: Go with the M4, its alot better

Xlerator

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
ASRock actually came from ASUS. They make really good motherboards but PERSONALLY, I prefer ASUS, Bigger Company, More experience, Trusted. Everything else is pretty much the same. I don't know much about ASRock motherboards because I have never owned one, I don't think I will, since I still have the choice to go with ASUS
ASUS>ASRock>Gigabyte>Msi>Intel>any other non-popular brands(biostar,foxconn,....)

My advice is go onto sites like Newegg, TigerDirect, NCIX.com, Youtube, Amazon
Search for the ASRock motherboard and look at the reviews for it.
That will give you a good idea.

EDIT: Go with the M4, its alot better

Solution

Wastert67

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I'm in the same dilemma. I bought the asrock x4 for my first build which I sold for profit. Now I'm deciding if I should go with Asus or asrock again. Honestly I found asrock looks hella sick. It looked solid and everything worked great. And I love the price. Lol. If you do find pros and cons for each do post.

Status
Not open for further replies.