intel 15 2500k
gtx 570
g.skill ripjaws 2x4gb
antec hcg-900
60gb corsair force GT
2tb seagate barracuda
corsair hydro h80
nzxt phantom

at first knowing asus is a trusted brand, i wanted an asus p8z77-v. it had wifi build in and i thought it was a no brainer. but i realised routing a long cable would benefit my gaming. so now i dont need wifi and could save 60 dollars if i buy the asrock extreme4. it has 4 sata3 ports opposed to 2 on the asus board. it has everthing i need and i dont see the downside.

has anyone heard of any problems on the asrock z77 extreme4. or anything that makes the asus board more worth buying?

Best solution

June 19, 2012 5:21:00 PM

ASRock actually came from ASUS. They make really good motherboards but PERSONALLY, I prefer ASUS, Bigger Company, More experience, Trusted. Everything else is pretty much the same. I don't know much about ASRock motherboards because I have never owned one, I don't think I will, since I still have the choice to go with ASUS
ASUS>ASRock>Gigabyte>Msi>Intel>any other non-popular brands(biostar,foxconn,....)

My advice is go onto sites like Newegg, TigerDirect, NCIX.com, Youtube, Amazon
Search for the ASRock motherboard and look at the reviews for it.
That will give you a good idea.

EDIT: Go with the M4, its alot better
June 22, 2012 12:22:54 AM

I'm in the same dilemma. I bought the asrock x4 for my first build which I sold for profit. Now I'm deciding if I should go with Asus or asrock again. Honestly I found asrock looks hella sick. It looked solid and everything worked great. And I love the price. Lol. If you do find pros and cons for each do post.
Score
Related resources
July 10, 2012 5:11:42 PM

Best answer selected by tuganu.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 10, 2012 11:28:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!