Sli a regular and OC'd gpu?

gibbey531

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
i'm just wondering if it's possible to sli a stock clock gpu with an overclocked gpu? I have an EVGA 9800GT and I can get an overclocked one for a good price and i'm just toying with the idea...

Thanks!!!

9800GT's and 8800GT's are one and the same, mine still work and ran fine in the same case for several years.

Yes I'm aware they are both G92. That's great yours still run after several years.....not really sure what that has to do with this post though.

My 9800GT idled at 90c and I got rid of it for that fact. I got a HD5850 overclocked that never goes over 55c even while gaming. My point was, 2 of those gotta really fry an egg on the case.

And that was my point, you can't.

People these days, they know very little or nothing. I guess that the low quality and toxic gmo foods along with the sodium fluoride is getting to people. The G92 gt isn't hot like a piece of fissile material unless equipped with a very low quality cooler. The reference cooler was only the way it was due to the poor air flow from the fan but the block was much higher quality than what the majority of the 9800gt cards had. At least there are many aftermarket cooler to chose from that bring down temps.

You were the one who brought up the 9800GX2, and what are the differences between the 8800GT and the 9800GT then?