• Configuration
  • Light
  • D-Link
  • Power Adapter
  • Power
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 21, 2010 9:14:28 PM

Hi I have a DI624 that worked fine...one day power adapter went out, put a new one in, now the WAN and the 4 other lan port lights are on, but not the power light...also unit does not work. Any hope of fixing it? Tried reset also, but power light will not come on...

More about : dlink 624 troubleshooting

Anonymous
December 22, 2010 5:15:53 AM

Sounds like the unit was damaged when the power adapter went out.

As a last resort I would see if you can reset it to firmware update mode and try to reflash it with the same or latest version.

See manual (probably on the CD which came with it or on D-Link's support site).
m
l
December 29, 2010 1:48:23 AM

Quote:

As a last resort I would see if you can reset it to firmware update mode and try to reflash it with the same or latest version.

Thanks fihart, I will try as you suggested. Don't think I have the CD anymore, hopefully their Website has manual and software.
m
l
January 1, 2011 3:25:19 PM

Quote:

Fihart, I was able to download the firmware from Dlink but could not get the browser to open the IP address for the router...I know it is still the original, since I did not change it. Took it apart and disected it, trying to get power to come one, but no luck. Junked it, since had already ordered a new one. Thanks for your help...
m
l
!