Gusto4u

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Hello, my computer china made and branded MPAQ doesn't boot and produces a prolonged intriguing sound.
How do i get the solution or is the motherboard damaged?
thanks

Gusto4u

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Yes Correon, my computer powers up, the fans are running and I have opened the cover to see if the RAM chip is well placed. When powered on, it doesn't produce the normal beep sound for booting but it produces a prolonged intriguing beep! that sounds "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" as long as it remains on, but the monitor remains black.

Gusto4u

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Yes Correon, my computer powers up, the fans are running and I have opened the cover to see if the RAM chip is well placed. When powered on, it doesn't produce the normal beep sound for booting but it produces a prolonged intriguing beep! that sounds "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" as long as it remains on, but the monitor remains black.

MrWoods

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
You could have messed up the bios in some way, try pulling the CMOS battery from the mother bored to reset them. Or I could be a memory error in which case I would take out the RAM dust it and if you have two sticks test them one at a time.